Axiom Home Page
Posted By: INANE OT: Doom 3 ! - 08/04/04 04:25 AM
It's out! I just took a break to check the forums, had to drop a post saying it is a most excelent game.

Posted By: Zarak Re: OT: Doom 3 ! - 08/04/04 12:09 PM
Finally. How does it compare to Doom2? To all of the other shooters out there? Is there anything more to it then kill all the monsters, clear the level, move on to the next one? (in single player mode)
Posted By: INANE Re: OT: Doom 3 ! - 08/05/04 05:09 AM
It is kill monsters, move on... but its very intense. Very creepy/scarey. It pulls ya in. Way above average game.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: OT: Doom 3 ! - 08/05/04 07:13 AM
real copy, or bittorrent?
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: OT: Doom 3 ! - 08/05/04 04:10 PM
I hear it's in 5.1 surround

the engine was designed by Trent Reznor, front man for Nine Inch Nails

but I haven't played the game, I'm not much of a gamer. I wonder how it turned out in surround sound

any feedback?
Posted By: James_T Re: OT: Doom 3 ! - 08/05/04 05:19 PM
It's pretty freaking good. I get two of my favorite things: Video Games and Cheesey scary slasher flicks. The graphics even at medium quality and a resolution of only 1024x768 are great.
Sound is in a word "wow". I have the 4.1 klipsch promedia speakers (considered and upgrade to 5.1 just for this game-- I'm such a geek). Where the baddies are in your speakers is where they are in relation to you.
It's rather startling to have a large man with his gut bursting out smack you upside the head with a wrench. Or have a screeming flaming head fly at you and try to take a bite out. FUN!

It is another "kill monsters, move on" game. But, oh what fun it is.

jr
Posted By: Zarak Re: OT: Doom 3 ! - 08/05/04 05:26 PM
Trent actually started out being involved, but wasn't involved in the final project. He actually just posted something about it on www.nin.com in the access section....he has been on occasionally answering questions from fans.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: OT: Doom 3 ! - 08/06/04 07:05 PM
damn, that's a shame. he's a really smart guy.

i didn't know he posted on his website. i should check it out.

thanks
Posted By: INANE Re: OT: Doom 3 ! - 08/07/04 05:33 AM
Yes the game looks amazing, yes it sounds amazing (I have that same 4.1 Klipsch setup).

The lighting in this game is amazing. I love the design decision to make many area's pitch black, you can bring up a flashlite but you loose your weapon when you do. It sounds sucky but its actually very very cool IMO.

© Axiom Message Boards