Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Daphoid Axiom Redesign - 12/23/04 08:05 PM
Ooooooh I like, I like! It's so much prettier, and I'm a sucker for smooth gradients, and finally that huge blob of text is gone from the top of the forum....

and I may have to get a axiom shirt to wear with pride

- D
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Redesign - 12/23/04 08:33 PM
I gotta admit, the web site is looking pretty spiffy now. Nice work all.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Redesign - 12/23/04 09:00 PM
It was a bit of a shock when I logged on, but I'm coming to like it.
Posted By: James_T Re: Axiom Redesign - 12/23/04 10:27 PM
I agree! It looks great. Nice job to the folks who worked on the design.

james
Posted By: bray Re: Axiom Redesign - 12/23/04 11:01 PM
Change is inevetable. Misery is optional.
Posted By: Daphoid Re: Axiom Redesign - 01/14/05 07:48 AM
Ack it's gone back to the old style, ICKY!

Where's the pretty blue?

- D
Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom Redesign - 01/14/05 08:52 AM
I have to say the old style loads MUCH faster on a dial up line. The new style was getting pretty sluggish at 28.8.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Redesign - 01/14/05 09:01 AM
Good god, man! Are you on a 28.8 line? Surely we all can scrounge together some change here to buy you a 56k, at least.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Redesign - 01/14/05 02:19 PM
I haven't seen any changes either here or on the other "test" thread where members were supposedly seeing background changes.

My viewing preferences are set for "Desert" and large font.

Is that the difference?
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Axiom Redesign - 01/14/05 02:27 PM
I'm wondering if they switched it back to allow them to better deal with that recent idiot.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom Redesign - 01/14/05 03:25 PM
>>Good god, man! Are you on a 28.8 line? Surely we all can scrounge together some change here to buy you a 56k, at least.

I have a 56K modem; problem is that I live in an old suburb where the copper pairs have been dying over the years (squirrels find the insulation mighty tasty) so the entire neighborhood seems to be multiplexed onto a single pair. Works fine for voice but not for data.

We're also far enough from the central office that Bell just snickers when I ask about DSL. The whole area has it except for a few blocks around where I live ;(
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Axiom Redesign - 01/14/05 08:05 PM
John
have you or someone else you know tried hispeed with an Expressvu dish? This is all second-hand information, but it seems that the data transfer rate is slower than DSL, but much, much faster than Dial-up. Might be some truth to it, but i'm unsure. Could be worth a try if you have an Expressvu dish already.
Posted By: bray Re: Axiom Redesign - 01/14/05 08:18 PM
I'm not sure about expressview, but direct tv offers something simular, but they want $90.00 per month for it.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Redesign - 01/14/05 08:36 PM
Don't feel bad, I love my nice new house on 2.5 acres out in the country, problem is no broadband at the current moment. I live so far from the CO that I can only get connected at 21400 kbps. Will be checking out www.wildblue.com very soon for us rural folks that can't get broadband...

Posted By: Zarak Re: Axiom Redesign - 01/14/05 11:34 PM
I guess I'm just spoiled at this point, but I don't know how people can stand to use the Internet over dialup any more. Pages are just so slow to load, I can't stand being on for more then a quick email check or something of the sort. I would spend much less time online if it wasn't for broadband.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Axiom Redesign - 01/14/05 11:36 PM
Absolutely. Our DSL went out for a few days and I simply stopped using the web. I couldn't deal with dial up.

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Redesign - 01/14/05 11:45 PM
Once you've had high speed access, there's NO going back!
Posted By: James_T Re: Axiom Redesign - 01/14/05 11:52 PM
That is very true. I have hooked a couple of friends on broadband. They went from "Dial-up is fine." to "I'm gonna kill my ISP if my broadband does not come up soon." in about 5 days flat.

jr
© Axiom Message Boards