Axiom Home Page
Posted By: gnrajagopal The Village - 01/24/05 07:29 AM
Watched the movie on DVD, loved the sound track and the reproduction with dolby ex. pretty good sound engineering.....[the movie sucked ]
Posted By: bigjohn Re: The Village - 01/24/05 01:59 PM
i havent liked any of his movies since '6th sense'.. well, 'unbreakable' was somewhat bearable, and the samuel jackson character was interesting, but 'signs' was just not good. i think it probably started with a good idea, but just went south, so he just packaged it up real quick and made a movie.

and being that i have heard nothing but bad things about 'the village', i would suspect his trend is continuing.

bigjohn
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: The Village - 01/24/05 02:57 PM
Wow-
I absolutely loved Signs.... Although it took me awhile to appreciate it's very, very dry sense of humor. Of course, I know others who didn't like it, but they didn't have a good sound system. The audio mix is very quiet and subtle as a whole, but, to me, very effective. Without it, the movie loses much impact.
Posted By: gnrajagopal Re: The Village - 01/24/05 06:13 PM
I recently watched Troy, it had great sound too. The QS8's were rocking....a good DVD to audition a system.

BTW anybody watched Hero, staring jet li. Very impressive visuals!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: The Village - 01/24/05 07:55 PM
I liked Jet Li in "The One", will be planning on watching Hero soon...
Posted By: richeydog Re: The Village - 01/24/05 08:25 PM
The visuals are excellent. Beautiful cinemaphotography. Some of the swordplay scenes were edgy and ear piercing to me. But I really enjoyed this movie. Reminded me of my childhood days when I used to watch kung fu theatre on saturday mornings. The "Flying Guillotine" is one that sticks out in my mind as a favorite.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: The Village - 02/01/05 04:10 PM
Ya know....I should pay more attention to the posts. We were out last night looking to rent a movie, and I said "the guys (sorry SonicFox...) had a couple of threads Best and Worst movies, and I remember they mentioned Village......

Sheesh...what a dog with fleas this thing was!!!!
Posted By: gnrajagopal Re: The Village - 02/01/05 08:12 PM
I watched 'Dinner Rush' recently on International Flim channel. It was a pretty good movie, made me want to go to an Italian restaurant!

Yea 'The Village' was a big letdown [more so for me as Mr. Night was born 5 hours from my home town back in India]. I hope Night does something different the next time, he is getting too predictable.
© Axiom Message Boards