Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Zarak OT-NIN - 01/24/05 09:00 PM
I know there are a couple of fans on this board, so for those that have not heard yet, NIN's new album comes out 5/3/05! It will be available in both standard and SACD. Concert dates should be released soon.
Posted By: Engine_Joe Re: OT-NIN - 01/24/05 09:07 PM
Definitely looking forward to this. As much as I enjoyed The Fragile, I'm glad to hear he's heading in a different direction with this one. The Fragile was a bit... bloated, I think.

Posted By: Zarak Re: OT-NIN - 01/25/05 02:23 AM
I liked the fragile much better then TDS. I'm looking forward to hearing the new album, and seeing them live as well.
Posted By: Engine_Joe Re: OT-NIN - 01/25/05 02:42 AM
Hmmm. Well, I think the songwriting on The Fragile is more developed and sophisticated... but it needed editing. Much as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix or Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness needed editing. Even the best of talents need someone to pull the reins in now and then.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: OT-NIN - 01/25/05 02:43 AM
Trent said that if you saw the Fragility tour (the best concert I have seen in my life), that 'you will not be disappointed' with the upcoming tour.

I will definitely purchase the album and catch the show. They are not a band to miss.

I also do prefer TDS (in sacd, especially) to The Fragile, but I like both albums very much.
Posted By: Engine_Joe Re: OT-NIN - 01/25/05 02:46 AM
Definitely looking forward to the tour!
© Axiom Message Boards