Axiom Home Page
Posted By: TKHanson Axiom Anniversary - 01/26/05 03:23 AM
So, Axoim, just when is your 25th? Also, are there any new releases to announce?

Posted By: TKHanson Re: Axiom Anniversary - 01/28/05 09:49 PM
So no one bit it three days, eh? Oh bother.....
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Anniversary - 01/28/05 10:01 PM
1979 Ian Colquhoun builds his first set of loudspeakers in a friend's garage and another friend asks to buy them immediately. The idea germinates. . .

In theory it has already happened...
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Axiom Anniversary - 01/28/05 10:03 PM
hey?- isnt that the microsoft story?

bigjohn
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Anniversary - 01/28/05 10:14 PM
Apple Computer and Gateway Computers actually....

Gates did not have a garage, he had everything handed to him with a silver spoon
Posted By: Zarak Re: Axiom Anniversary - 01/29/05 02:29 AM
Technically, didn't he take his silver spoon, dip it into everyone elses stuff, steal it away, and then call it his own, only to go on and sell it under the M$ brand and make tons on $?
Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom Anniversary - 01/29/05 03:10 AM
That too...

Gates came from an already very wealthy family (oil money, I think). His father had connections at IBM, on the board if I remember correctly, which was where the sweetheart deal with IBM and the first billion came from.

Everything else, he did by himself
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Axiom Anniversary - 01/29/05 04:35 AM
I'm guessing that IBM didn't take Gates or his DOS very seriously until Charley Chaplin came along pushing stacks of floppies on TV. Backward compatibility I believe. Yup, VHS-Beta alright. I suspect the success of that ad campaign supprised even Gates.
Posted By: INANE Re: Axiom Anniversary - 02/03/05 01:55 AM
I don't really like Gates myself, but I don't understand why everyone feels the need to bash him (actually I do, jealousy )
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Axiom Anniversary - 02/03/05 02:12 AM
Well, the post was sitting there and the title seemed appropriate , soooo I just noticed that I signed on here one year and one day ago.

My first birthday!

Plus, I have the hairline of a 1 year old as well.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Anniversary - 02/03/05 02:25 AM
Awww, too bad we missed your Birthday/Anniversary yesterday, Ray!

We would have had cake and Beer and Chili and more Beer and we all would have chipped in and bought you something really, really nice!

Too bad it was yesterday and we missed it, huh?
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Axiom Anniversary - 02/03/05 02:57 AM
Mark, I just checked. There are NO reservations for you in heaven!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Axiom Anniversary - 02/03/05 10:45 AM
Getting back just a moment to your original question; maybe the aniversary is happening "right now" and is being cellebrated with a name change?

I wonder.

Rich
© Axiom Message Boards