Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bray Finally found it. - 03/09/05 01:05 AM
Every since I've had my VTF3, there has been this elusive rattle. I've looked everywhere and could always find the general direction but never the rattle. Today after playing the Darla Tap scene about 12 times I found it.
Ready for this?

THE DOOR KNOCKER
No wonder I keep missing the pizza guy.

So if you have a rattle you cant find, check your door.
Posted By: Wid Re: Finally found it. - 03/09/05 01:49 AM
That's a pretty good one .I haven't even bothered fixing any of the rattles I get from my STF-3.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Finally found it. - 03/09/05 04:31 AM
Quake Secure (or Quake Hold) works wonders on rattles.

Google it...

It really works...

Live from Austin, Texas.

WhatFurrer
Posted By: bray Re: Finally found it. - 03/09/05 04:36 AM
"Quake Secure (or Quake Hold) works wonders on rattles."

I use FunTac and it works great. I'm just not sure i want to use it on an outside doorknocker.
Then I would miss the pizza guy EVERY time.

Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Finally found it. - 03/09/05 04:43 AM
I have an SVS 20-39 PC+ and the Fun Tac just did not work well enough...it would tend to dry out (or so it seemed) and then release...the number of metal crosses that my wife has on the wall sets up a cacophany of buzzes and rattles if I don't use the Quake Secure...

But if the Fun Tac works for you...then it works.

And yes, stuff on BOTH sides of walls vibrates...

Live from Austin, Texas.

WhatFurrer
Posted By: bray Re: Finally found it. - 03/09/05 04:47 AM
"And yes, stuff on BOTH sides of walls vibrates... "

Its amazing that I just figured that out this week.

Posted By: bigjohn Re: Finally found it. - 03/09/05 02:34 PM
In reply to:

I would miss the pizza guy EVERY time

eat more steak!!!

BTW- i have a real nasty vibration coming somewhere from the back of my entertainment center. i think its the rear panel, which is tacked in. it only happens at a certain frequency, but when it starts to 'buzz', it is really annoying. the worst i have heard it is in the opening credit sequence of 'KILL BILL 1'. it was really bad!

bigjohn
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Finally found it. - 03/09/05 07:42 PM
I guess I'm fortunate. I haven't had a single vibration problem with my sub, other than when I was putting it through its paces with test tones and excessive volume. I got some shelves across the room the vibrate during those tests.

What I have had real problems with is my washing machine during the spin cycle. The fron panel used to go wubba-wubba-wubba like someone was trying to using it as a thunder prop on a foley stage. I fixed it by slapping a large piece of Dynamat (left over from a failed computer-silencing attempt) onto the back of the panel. Now I have a very quiet spin cycle.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Finally found it. - 03/09/05 08:21 PM
The wife and I like our spin cycle loud and rumbly...

I have no vibrations either, but low flying helicopters and the washer/dryer (see above) make the whole apartment resonate with a low rumble that can be felt from one end to the other. The washer/dryer I can understand, but helicopters are what get me.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Finally found it. - 03/09/05 08:52 PM
In reply to:

low flying helicopters

dontcha just love our nations capitol?

bigjohn
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Finally found it. - 03/09/05 09:21 PM
Yes - the nation's capital rocks....seriously, it does. It's not every town where you can go for a jog and end up on the President's doorstep...

But what gets me about the helicopters is that on more than one occasion, they have apparently been on a man-hunt with their lights on. They shine them down onto the streets (obviously). Occasionally, they hit the roof of my house - more specifically the sky lights, and flood the apartment with this weird, "under seige" lighting that is a little unsettling - (worrying me that they're looking on my roof because somebody is there...)

Anyway - I've got the Beach Boys "Good Vibrations" in my head now.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Finally found it. - 03/09/05 09:25 PM
In reply to:

Anyway - I've got the Beach Boys "Good Vibrations" in my head now.

And I've got "Enemy of the State" in mine...
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Finally found it. - 03/09/05 09:50 PM
In reply to:

man-hunt with their lights on

i am waiting to click it on 'COPS' one night, and watch the drama unfold with "badboys, badboys, watcha gonna do", playing in the background. i see a dark, slendor shadow, jumping from one brownstone rooftop to the other, with a pair of white QS8's in his arms.. and adrien in hot pursuit!!

bigjohn
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Finally found it. - 03/09/05 10:03 PM
hot pursuit - right. I've got my Qs booby trapped and alarmed. He wouldn't make it out with those things...the china and the silver, ah, he can have that stuff though.
Posted By: James_T Re: Finally found it. - 03/09/05 11:40 PM
I just can't help myself. I see Booby Trap and I think "Booty Trap" from Goonies! God was I happy when that came out on DVD /hijack.

jr
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Finally found it. - 03/10/05 12:30 AM
May I suggest a t-shirt?
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Finally found it. - 03/10/05 01:54 PM
In reply to:

from Goonies

i always liked the "ROCKY ROAD!!" guy..

i just watched this about a week ago on TV.. one-eyed willie sails again!!

bigjohn
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Finally found it. - 03/10/05 09:43 PM
Goonies is maybe my all time favorite movie. I can still watch it with as much glee as when I was a kid. I remember seeing it on a sneak preview with my Dad and brother.

© Axiom Message Boards