Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/10/05 10:04 PM
And it only took me about 6 months before I purchased my set after registering... my, how time flies.

How long after you registered did it take you to buy?

And, who's been registered the longest here, anyway?
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/10/05 10:24 PM
Registered on 07/13/04 04:57 PM
i ordered mine 2/05
Posted By: Wid Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/10/05 10:25 PM
I had got my M80s before I registered for the foum.I joined the forum on 06/22/03 02:35 PM.This is going to be post number 800.
BBIBH has been here since 01/10/02, I think he was one of the first.

I've been here since 07/05/02
I ordered M60/VP150/QS8 March 2004
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/10/05 11:33 PM
Yes, I apparently am the veteran.

I bought my Axioms long before the web was as popular as it is now. I bought my AX3's in 1989-1990 when the only place to get them was retail. I also visited the Axiom plant in about 1990 when it looked nothing like it does today. I have pictures of the visit, but have them packed in storage.....hoping to get some time to find, scan and post them.

So, I guess the answer to the question of "How long after you registered did you buy" is -13years!!!!
Posted By: bray Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/11/05 01:02 AM
I actually ordered miine before I registered.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/11/05 01:50 AM
Same here. I came onto the boards about 1-2 months after I purchased. It didn't even take unpaid Axiom shills to convince me!
Posted By: JSkip Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/11/05 02:04 AM
I can't believe I've had mine for over a year already....and still loving them!!!!

I registered on 1/30/04 @ 11:26AM
I purchased them on 2/11/04
i registered on May 9, 2003 and bought my m60s on August 8, 2003. It didn't take you Axiom shills long to convert me!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/11/05 04:56 AM
Adrien, I actually bought my M22s 3/02, about two months before my listed 5/02 registration, but I'd been reading the forum for about five months before the registration date and occasionally making a reply as an unregistered "anonymous", as was permitted at that time. So far as the oldest registration, at least among those who still participate at least occasionally, rebel might be the one, with 11/01.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/11/05 04:58 AM
As far as i know BBIBH holds the record for nonAxiom ppl anyway.
EDIT: 'rebel' holds the record per JohnKs post.
He was onboard just about 3 or 4 months before JohnK and myself with JohnK signing up 2 whole days before me. That would be a little over 3 years now for BB with 3 years coming up for JohnK and I.
However, besides BB, ravi has been around since March of that same year (2002).
Of course there is also Alan, Amie and Ian but BB has the earlier forum registration compared to Alan and Amie.
I'm not sure anyone beats Ian for forum registration:
03/13/2001 or for length of time owning Axioms for that matter!
Ian is still the king of his domain (Amie you can jump in anytime here...).

Posted By: JohnK Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/11/05 05:20 AM
Yeah chess, it's possible to go back even farther if those who haven't participated in a long time are included, e.g. "speedlever" from 9/23/01.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/11/05 06:42 AM
Let's see.. I've been here since May 3, 2003, and I bought my Axioms May 16, 2004. So I was around for a little bit over a year before purchasing. That's a pretty big gap, especially since I heard Axioms before I joined the boards.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/11/05 08:16 AM
And how many times in this past year have you had to defend your choice of M50s?

Bren R.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/11/05 02:13 PM
i joined the board in late january of 04, and purchased my axioms in the spring, i think around april. i was supposed to go audition whatfurrers system in austin in june, but i just couldnt wait. i figured with the 30 day trial deal, it was a win/win situation. but, needless to say, i didnt send them back.

when i bought the speakers, i had already got a sub for christmas, and had the new receiver in the house since february, still sitting in boxes.. it was killing me to have to wait, so it was a glorious day when my axioms arrived.. it was a thursday, and i took half the day off on friday to set up my HT.

and now, a year later, i have 2200 posts on this board(i still cant believe that), and keep coming back. but most of the time, i just wish i had something interesting to say

bigjohn
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/11/05 02:14 PM
Some of us were defending our choice of M50s even BEFORE buying them.-life is SO unfair, innit?
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/11/05 02:36 PM
Let's see, I "Discovered" Axiom in late 00'(as I recall) and bought my M3s about the time the SE was added. I regestered in Jan of this year.

What ever happened to two previous posters, uh, Ian and Amie? Miss them alot.

Ian did pop back on last Dec and gave me a Christmas present; a plot of the M50s. I appreciated it so much that I returned the favor and bought the M50s.(After a tremendously traumatic internal struggle of M50vsM60, gads, I hope to never go through That again) MY particular set of ears are happy with the decision, however.

So, how long after regestering did I buy? About negative three years, give or take..I guess.
Posted By: DL30 Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/11/05 03:31 PM
I registered 05/31/02 about 2 months before purchasing my M22's. I am a constant lurker and enjoy reading these boards, but obviously hardly ever post. I am averaging 8 posts a year, so I better slow down since I posted here in February. Do I go up to frequent flier at 30 posts??
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/11/05 04:19 PM
the list of post rankings can be found here.

i still havent figured out why addict is listed twice?

i think once you get like 2000 or 3000, you should get like 'grand poo-ba'. or maybe, make it to where you can type in your own 'name'. i like the way 'fat daddy sound proofer' just rolls off the tongue!!

bigjohn
Posted By: BrenR Re: Just had my one year Axiom Anniversary - 03/11/05 04:30 PM
In reply to:

i think once you get like 2000 or 3000, you should get like 'grand poo-ba'. or maybe, make it to where you can type in your own 'name'. i like the way 'fat daddy sound proofer' just rolls off the tongue!!

The first time I read that I thought it said "Fat Daddy Sound Poofter"... I'm not kidding. I nearly fell out of my chair.

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards