Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nickbuol Logos (again) - 03/15/05 07:21 PM
OK. I was pretty active in the last thread here about company logos for A/V gear.

Well, now I am looking for one. Actually, just the font.

I am looking for the name of the font that Carada uses (you know, the screen people)...

Here is a sample of their logo...

or

Posted By: BrenR Re: Logos (again) - 03/15/05 08:09 PM
Ran it through font recognition software, closest matches are Thirstype Orbit Bold and SignaExtCaps-Book from FontFont in Germany.

What will you be using it for? (remember - my day job is design for print and broadcast)

Bren R.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Logos (again) - 03/15/05 09:38 PM
I am pretty sure that I am going to get a Carada screen for my HT, and since I have my own signage for my speakers, A/V gear, THX, DD, DTS, etc, I was thinking that I would get a jump start on a Carada logo to add to the mix. For my other ones, I obtained a hi-res .EPS file so that I could scale it to whatever size I wanted with excellent quality.

So that is what I am looking for....
Posted By: BrenR Re: Logos (again) - 03/15/05 09:50 PM
What's the best looking copy of their logo you can get? I don't mind vector tracing it for you in my spare time, but best source, best fina product.

Bren R.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Logos (again) - 03/15/05 10:16 PM
i didnt think people with ADD had "spare time"..

bigjohn
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Logos (again) - 03/15/05 10:18 PM
Carada?

You change your mind more than my wife
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Logos (again) - 03/15/05 10:26 PM
Sirquack, I know, I know... I was going to go DIY Parkland, but I keep hearing people having trouble after a few months with their parklands not staying smooth because of the glue they use, etc, plus, I keep hearing great things about Carada, especially for the price. They sent me some 9"x12" samples of their 3 screen materials, and they look very nice.

Of course it still costs hundreds of dollars more than DIY, but at this point, I am tired of building things. Another day of texturing the basement (walls are left) and then paint, and then cleanup the floors (texturing is very messy) and then I start moving stuff in on the nice mare cement floor. I wish I had about $10,000 to just pay someone to finish the rest of the basement at this point, but I will at least have it half done in 2 weeks (minus carpet since I want to do that all at once)...

Posted By: BrenR Re: Logos (again) - 03/15/05 10:37 PM
In reply to:

i didnt think people with ADD had "spare time"..

I call this spare time... I'm doing a processor heavy render on every computer in the house (4 of them)... thinking there might be a way to get Lisa's Clie into the mix. Going to take 11 hours even with all these thrown at it - the final product is 5 seconds long.

Radiosity, refraction (recursed 8 times over at least half the frame - 10 times for one set of objects), 16 recursions of reflection, transparency - the only other thing I could have possibly added to slam render time would be volumetric fog. *shakes my head*

Bren R.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Logos (again) - 03/15/05 10:43 PM
Actually, I just fired an email off to Carada a few minutes ago asking about the logo. I was going to take my first stab at creating a vector version of it (only need to do 1 'A', the 'C', and then some combinations to get the 'D' and 'R'), but it looks like it will take me a while.

I'll see what Carada themselves come back with.

Posted By: nickbuol Re: Logos (again) - 03/15/05 11:34 PM
Well, the good folks at Carada not only gave me a copy of the logo in PSD (Photoshop) format, but I also found out that they use a free font called "GoodTime". Actually I figured out that when I loaded the PSD file and it said that I was missing a font, and told me which font.

Thanks for your help though.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Logos (again) - 03/16/05 01:38 AM
In reply to:

remember - my day job is design for print and broadcast

And the night job? (dare i ask?)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Logos (again) - 03/16/05 05:19 AM
that is cool Nick, Carada makes great products, I actually was looking at one of their 2.05:1 screens for my Z2, but I decided to put some of that money towards my Axiom's. Heck Nick, we both got good bonus checks this year, I just got mine last week. At least I didn't get a jelly of the month club membership

When I get my Dazian screen built we'll have to compare. $10,000 to have someone finish, no way, I work with a guy that does very nice work and he is taping/mudding/texturing/priming for 1200 bucks, not including materials. Not bad for 1700 sq ft, 9ft ceilings, closets and all....

talk at ya later
Posted By: BrenR Re: Logos (again) - 03/16/05 05:58 AM
In reply to:

And the night job? (dare i ask?)

Heading up and directing a sports and event production crew.

You dirty, dirty man.

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards