Axiom Home Page
Posted By: lomb7 Sting...all this time - 04/05/05 03:40 AM
Was told that this is a great DVD and after watching it for the second time today I have to say it is one of the best musical/documentary films I have ever seen. The music is a great ref source and I still have my mouth open from Desert Rose.

Get it!!!!!
Posted By: MiniRock Re: Sting...all this time - 04/05/05 05:09 AM
I'm going to have to check it out; I have the DTS CD of that, and Desert Rose sounds amazing.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Sting...all this time - 04/05/05 05:28 AM
Sting has some excellent recordings. Love my old discs. Just fantastic.
Posted By: Seabear Re: Sting...all this time - 04/05/05 11:47 AM
I'm going to have to check this out.
One of my old favorites was his "Bring on the Night", which was a documentary and concert of (I think) his first solo tour. The one with all those great young Jazz musicians in the band- Branford Marsalis, Rodney Jones, ect...)
Cool footage of them putting the whole thing together in some old French Chateau, an then the whole show.
But it has never been released on DVD.
Don't know why.
TjB

Posted By: lomb7 Re: Sting...all this time - 04/05/05 03:49 PM
This one is great for the music but also for the timing. It is shot in his house (more the size of a village) in Italy. It goes into detail of why and how he wrote the songs along with interviews with all the people he picked to work with him on this DVD/CD. He goes into a hallway of his house and does some tunes as the accustics in the room makse the music come alive.

On top of all this, this whole thing is being shot from Sept 1 - 12, 2001. The show (only about 30-40 people were invited to it) was on Sept 11. You get to see the impact to him and the band and how the music sounds after such a day.

Turst me, this is a keeper.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Sting...all this time - 04/05/05 04:24 PM
Speaking of great Sting music...

This is one AMAZING cd.

Posted By: mullhead Re: Sting...all this time - 04/05/05 05:13 PM
Seabear...i just picked up BOTN for 10 bucks at wal-mart this weekend
it was just released this year in 5.1 dd and dts with extras
i did not know it was out either
ain't that band the best!
i'm so glad it's out...the cd of BOTN is awesome, too
i saw it at the theatre when it came out...now i've got it on a 106" screen at home...a huge "wow" to front projection!

Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Sting...all this time - 04/05/05 05:21 PM
I think that's the same DVD my buddy has. Pretty good sound effects. He demo'ed it for me w/ his full Cabasse set up.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Sting...all this time - 04/05/05 05:36 PM
In reply to:

He demo'ed it for me w/ his full Cabasse set up.

Mmmm kielbasa:

Bren R.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Sting...all this time - 04/05/05 05:54 PM
Bren, I have to say, I've seen more attractive photos of kielbasa.... Of course, now that I see where you got the photo from....
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Sting...all this time - 04/05/05 06:18 PM
That's great news! Time to replace my VHS version. I'll have to give the cd's a listen on my M60's....
Posted By: mullhead Re: Sting...all this time - 04/05/05 06:56 PM
after i posted my reply i did a google search that took me to sting's site (sting.com...believe it or not)
the remastered cds were released at the same time (about a week ago)
what's cool about the cd recordings is that they are taken from various shows on the tour and have some variations in the arrangements, along with some songs that aren't on the dvd (and vise versa)
i love the ending arrangement of, "i burn for you" on the dvd

Posted By: Seabear Re: Sting...all this time - 04/06/05 12:14 PM
VERY Cool News,
I'll pick it up today.
My fave from that show is when Branford starts a little bit of the Flintstones theme, and Sting claims not to know what it is. Branford looks at him and says something to the effect of "You're a Liar! EVERYONE knows the Flintstones!" And then the next scene is the whole band launching into the Flintsones theme.
Pretty funny.

Posted By: Seabear Re: Sting...all this time - 04/10/05 01:58 PM
Brought BOTN home yesterday, and we watched it last night.
Terrific Show.
I think I'm going to have to go out and get a couple of the other Sting Concert videos now. The Sweetheart was very happy.

Posted By: mullhead Re: Sting...all this time - 04/10/05 02:25 PM
these are all cool

Growing Up and Secret World - Peter Gabriel
Unledded No Quarter - Page and Plant
Concert for George - Clapton, Ringo, Paul, etc...
also, Symphonic Yes is exceptional
© Axiom Message Boards