Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ScottA Outdoor Speakers - 05/09/05 06:45 PM
I am building a deck this memorial day weekend and I need outdoor speakers. I have looked at Def Tech at 399.99 per pair, and Onix Rockets at 99.99 per pair. I have not listended to either. Big difference in price. Does anyone have any recommendations? I will be powering them with a Denon 2805. I will using SACD, receiver, and XM satellite as sources for music. I wish Axiom made outdoor speakers. Budget is not necessarily an issue. I want good sounding speakers at a reasonable price.

Thanks,

Scott
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/10/05 12:05 AM
Bose has some nicr outddor speahkets.

Sorry, my fingers cramped. Must be the B word.
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/10/05 12:52 AM
klipsch has some decent sounding outdoor speakers,also,check theese out,i never heard them but they look pretty cool -- looks like they would get a ok on the WAF too!!!!! http://singingfrogs.com/stplsp.html
Posted By: RickF Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/10/05 12:56 AM
In reply to:

check theese out,i never heard them but they look pretty cool -- looks like they would get a ok on the WAF too!!!!! http://singingfrogs.com/stplsp.html

I dunno...I can imagine the likes of me after a couple of cold ones trying to figure out how in the hell can those plants sing like that. May be good for some but they might not be such a good idea around my household.

Posted By: rcvecc Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/10/05 01:03 AM
singing plants-you mean like the magic garden tv show-how did two girls that did soooooo much acid ever get a tv show????where the hell did i go wrong?
Posted By: RickF Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/10/05 01:30 AM
LOL...that's like going to the Sam's Club and walking past the hidden 'rock' speakers, WTF??? Good thing those contraptions weren't around back in the day, I can see where that could have been real, real bad!
Posted By: ScottA Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/10/05 01:17 PM
One of my local stores carry the Klipsch. I will have to check them out. I have not been able to find anyone locally that has the Def Techs and Onix are online. I was hoping someone had some of the Def Techs or Onix and could chime in. I think I will go this weekend and listen to the Klipsch. What is everybody else using?

Scott
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Outdoor Speakers - 06/02/05 03:06 AM
scott what did you end up buying if anything?
Posted By: ScottA Re: Outdoor Speakers - 06/02/05 01:28 PM
I went with the Rocket OD100's. I finished the deck this memorial day weekend and installed the speakers. They sound great. Right now I have my Denon 2805 and XM satellite ran to them. As soon as I pick up the new grill, firepit and patio furniture, I will post some pics of the new deck. I highly recommend the Rocket outdoor speakers. For $99 they are a steal. I still wish Axiom made outdoor speakers.

Scott
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Outdoor Speakers - 06/02/05 10:55 PM
awesome thats good enough for me im gonna order them thanks
Jake
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Outdoor Speakers - 06/11/05 01:20 PM
ordered today they have a deal buy 1 get second half off. got 2 pair shipped for $180
© Axiom Message Boards