Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack Eagles Farewell I Live - 06/02/05 02:02 AM
So for those that watched this tonight on NBC, what did you think? I think it is great that the gang can still bring in those huge crowds after all these years. They looked and sounded pretty darn good to me, but I'm biased as I'm a big Eagles fan and have been to a few concerts in the past....

I loved it when they played Joe Walsh's "Rocky Mountain Way" what a hoot...
Posted By: bray Re: Eagles Farewell I Live - 06/02/05 02:06 AM
I only caught a little of it, but I thought Joe Walshs "Rocky Mountain Way" was EXCELLENT, probabaly even better than the original.

BTW Is that concert available on DVD?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Eagles Farewell I Live - 06/02/05 02:06 AM
I'm a big Eagles fan too. When I was a disc jockey in Hartford, CT, I once introduced one of their concerts. Nice guys. However, being a musician, I both see, and hear, the ravages of age. I don't mean they aren't worth listening to. Indeed, they are. But, I can hear the change.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Eagles Farewell I Live - 06/02/05 03:39 AM
In reply to:

I can hear the change

they were actually talking about how glen frey had re-arranged most of the songs for this tour. i think the "change" was intentional. just to give it a 'new' flare i guess..

i didnt catch the whole thing, but i loved their redention of 'ordinary average guy'. that has always been a favorite of mine.. i think it is cool they are playing some stuff from all the guys solo careers!!

bigjohn
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Eagles Farewell I Live - 06/02/05 04:09 AM
Not normally my type of music but I do like most of their popular stuff. We watched it in HD and DD, great sound. Can't say much for his pants though...
Posted By: Ajax Re: Eagles Farewell I Live - 06/02/05 11:37 AM
In reply to:

i think the "change" was intentional. just to give it a 'new' flare i guess...

I was referring to the change in the range and timbre of their voices. Trust me. I'm speaking from experience. That is a byproduct of age. (and smoking a LOT of pot),
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Eagles Farewell I Live - 06/02/05 01:10 PM
thats true jack.. but i cant blame them for getting old..

hey, do you notice also that one of the guitar players was not the 'original' guy from the band..? not the same guy from the 'hell freezes over' DVD.. does anyone know why, or did he just not feel like going on the road and making LOTS of money..?

bigjohn
Posted By: Ajax Re: Eagles Farewell I Live - 06/02/05 01:34 PM
In reply to:

thats true jack.. but i cant blame them for getting old..

I'll hold you to that when I make some dumb, age related mistake here (it's inevitable )

I DID notice the second guitarist. I figured it wasn't Don Felder (the guitarist on "Hell Freezes Over"), but wondered if it might've been Randy Meisner (another Eagle alumnus) with short hair. I've never taken enough notice of what Felder and Meisner looked like to be sure it wasn't either, but I didn't think it was.

I noticed that, when they were taking the last bow, only Schmidt, Frey, Walsh, & Henley linked arms, so I assumed it was NOT one of the former group members. I meant to check the credits, but I forgot (see your quote above. )
Posted By: RickCathey Re: Eagles Farewell I Live - 06/02/05 01:39 PM
In reply to:

BTW Is that concert available on DVD?

bray,

The DVD is to be released on June 14th..

Rick
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Eagles Farewell I Live - 06/02/05 01:39 PM
Walsh was always one crazy dude, that is what I like about him, even back to the James Gang days. He doesn't care what others think
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Eagles Farewell I Live - 06/02/05 03:39 PM
bigjohn,
The new guitar player is Steuart Smith. Don Felder was fired from the band in 2001. I still miss Don and Bernie Leadon!!! BTW, the broadcast was an edited version of the full concert. I only caught the last half of it but as usual there were too many commercials. I have ordered the DVD and can't wait to see the whole show!
Cheers,
Shaun
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Eagles Farewell I Live - 06/02/05 06:29 PM
I managed to catch the song and lead up story to One Day At A Time.

I found it somewhat cool that Joe opened up to explain the song, and how his life was altered.
© Axiom Message Boards