Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson How to put a link in your post... - 06/07/05 12:18 PM
Thi comes up frequently on the boards and, though many have explained it very well, I thought that if it had it's own "subject" it would be easier to reference! Personally, I think that this is kind of lost on the FAQ page, and not written as clearly as it could be! Here is the line of info on the FAQ:

[url=link] title [/url] = Makes the given title into a hyperlink pointing to link.

Simply replace the word "link" with the actual http address and the word "title" with whatever word you want to make into a link.

For instance, to create a link to show the EP500 sub, you would type [*url=http://www.axiomaudio.com/ep500_main.html#] The 500 sub is cool! [/url] WITHOUT the asterisk I added after the first bracket symbol (If I didn't add it, this would have become a link and you wouldn't be able to see how it's done!)

Try it as often as you want by "previewing your post". Once you do it a couple of times, it becomes very, very easy and quick!
Posted By: bray Re: How to put a link in your post... - 06/07/05 01:16 PM
Brays Place

Just testing.
Thanks Mark, I never really understood before.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: How to put a link in your post... - 06/07/05 01:31 PM
Now we will have to continue to BUMP to make it stay near the top

I know you can search, but most newbies may not use the search. Also, I find that there is no way to actually search titles, and not the body of the threads.

On AVSForum, the moderator's can force certain threads to always appear at the top, similar to Amie's Audition thread, that might be a good idea for common issues that keep coming up.

Congrats to Mark anyway oncore oncore
Posted By: hashts Re: How to put a link in your post... - 06/07/05 06:25 PM
No need to keep bumping this thread since all the info is in the FAQ. Its the second from the right link at the top of the page (RIGHT NEXT TO Logout). Simply go there and it will explain how to do almost everything in this forum.
Posted By: bray Re: How to put a link in your post... - 06/07/05 07:03 PM
I've been over the faq area many many times, and just learned from this post how to name my link.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: How to put a link in your post... - 06/07/05 07:16 PM
Yes, everything is in the FAQ, but it seems that this pops up on the boards somewhere every week. I suspect that others, like Bray, are familiar with the FAQ but that it doesn't really explain it well enough.

I didn't know how to do it either until I came to the Axiom forums and I had a little time to play with it....
Posted By: bigjohn Re: How to put a link in your post... - 06/07/05 07:42 PM
In reply to:

seems that this pops up on the boards somewhere every week

BTW- how do you post a pic again..?

J/K... just trying to yank your chain..

bigjohn
Posted By: SirQuack Re: How to put a link in your post... - 06/07/05 07:48 PM
ditto

hey anybody around Iowa open for a demo?

wait a a minute, I have axioms, I'll give myself a demo
Posted By: bigjohn Re: How to put a link in your post... - 06/07/05 08:12 PM
In reply to:

I'll give myself a demo

TMI quack, TMI...

bigjohn
Posted By: richeydog Re: How to put a link in your post... - 06/07/05 08:55 PM
In reply to:

I didn't know how to do it either until I came to the Axiom forums and I had a little time to play with it....

Ahh so that's your secret....
Posted By: craigsub Re: How to put a link in your post... - 06/08/05 02:55 AM
This is great stuff ! To get the answer to an age old question: ... Why Jack is always on the internet
Posted By: richeydog Re: How to put a link in your post... - 06/08/05 04:12 AM
Yowza Craig. Why would Jack be interested in that?
Be still my beating heart.
Posted By: bray Re: How to put a link in your post... - 06/08/05 04:25 AM
WOW!
Besides the GREAT eye candy, that is one of the best (sales) web sites I've ever seen.
I highly recomend the "explore scenes" section.
WOW! Oh I said that already.
Now I know why I havent seen Jack or Craig for awhile.
Posted By: Ajax Re: How to put a link in your post... - 06/08/05 06:32 AM

Actually, I prefer them WITHOUT the lingerie.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: How to put a link in your post... - 06/08/05 03:48 PM
Watch it guys, or Amie will retaliate with pics from "Canadian Lumberjacks".
© Axiom Message Boards