Axiom Home Page
To Ian, Amie and all the great workers at Axiom, and to all proud Canadians, July 1 is a special day in Canada .... HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY !!!

Have a great holiday weekend, and picnic/party often !
Thanks eh!!!!!
Yes! Happy Holiday to all our friends up there!!

And to celebrate, down here, I believe we will watch, and, best of all, Listen, to "Independence Day" on DVD!

Yeah!! Let them speakers sing!!
To all friends in the Great White North, HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

I love that the internet enables more interaction between people from different countries and cultures. It's one of the truly good things about today's technology.
Happy Independence Day!

I was speaking to one of our customers in Orillia, Ontario yesterday, and he kept saying "Eh!". I gather it is an expression to replace "what" or "right".
Thanks so much! The boat is gassed up, the steaks are in the icebox and the temperature's hot! Perfect Canadian weekend!
In Canada they replace "Dude" with "Eh"
Now, I would say: "Hey! Have a nice weekend"

Other folks may say: "Have a nice weekend, Hey!"

"Hey" is another of those words that lose their meaning after a number of uses, innit?

(Just an unattaced observation, eh)
This MUST be a Happy 'olliday, ain't nobody out there, eh?
Everyone is sleeping in if they are not already up north... and out on the dock if they are up north.

Canada is kinda wierd in one respect -- even though we have a lot of open space and low population density, we pack together in big cities to a greater extent than the US, so the migration out into the wild on weekends and holidays is pretty spectacular.
I like how Jack said it.

It's fun to learn about and participate in other people's celebrations. I'm on an "Inclusiveness" bender lately.

Happy Independence Day to our brothers and sisters in Canada.
We had a similiar situation in the migrations to the lake in the early 50s just north of Windsor, Ontario.

I think it was due to the advent of reliable outboard motors.

We solved the weekend migration inconveniences by finally moving to the lake in the mid 50s.

(And turned it into a DAILY migration BACK to the city!!)

We could still pick up CKLW(CBC)TV though!

In reply to:

Thanks so much! The boat is gassed up, the steaks are in the icebox and the temperature's hot! Perfect Canadian weekend!

Sounds like heaven. Enjoy it!

Enjoy the holiday. I'm wearing my flannel shirt and planting a maple tree today in your honor!
© Axiom Message Boards