Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Thasp Axiom Audio IRC channel - 07/12/05 04:57 AM
I thought this would be a cool idea to try out. Lots of threads here go offtopic - not that that's a bad thing, since most of the time it's interesting, humorous discussion. This lead me to think that a room to talk in, wheather it be offtopic or on audio/tech stuff on the fly would be something worth trying out, and extremely simple.

IRC for those who don't know it is a medium that used to be used before AOL chatrooms and whatnot.. you connect to a server, then to a channel on that server, and you're in a room. There are countless rooms on countless servers. It's better and more flexible than any other chat medium today.

It's pretty easy to use. If you use a mozilla based browser such as firefox, just get chatzilla. If you want a seperate program, try mIRC, or xchat.

Ignore all the fancy options and type the following in any IRC client to get to the channel.

In reply to:

/server irc.freenode.net

/nick [your nickname here]

/join #axiomaudio

Or set the default nick in your client, and click [url=irc://irc.freenode.net/axiomaudio[/url].

I keep the client on, so it'll show me as there even if I'm not on at the time. Hope to see some familiar faces.

Posted By: Thasp Re: Axiom Audio IRC channel - 07/16/05 09:20 PM
*bump*

Over 40 views and no joins.
Posted By: freesey Re: Axiom Audio IRC channel - 07/18/05 01:17 PM
bump*
© Axiom Message Boards