Axiom Home Page
Posted By: twodan19 foxfire users..... - 07/14/05 12:58 PM
i usually use netscape, but i'm playing around w/foxfire and probably need to change a setting, and need help. one annoying thing i noticed is that when scrolling, the scrolling stops when the mouse cursor is over hypertext. how, or what and where do i go to deactivate this?
thanks,
dan
Posted By: aabouganem Re: foxfire users..... - 07/14/05 05:09 PM
do you mean firefox?? the mozilla browser I guess.

I use firefox and very happy except that I have trouble getting shockwave flash. Still does not run it. Also some links with java instructions in the address are non browsable with firefox.

I dont have any issue with the scrolling> Can you give more details?

Posted By: twodan19 Re: foxfire users..... - 07/14/05 08:40 PM
exactly, i can't even get the name of the browser correct. the problem is, if i scroll with the mouse cursor in the page, and not on a side bar, if i happen to stop over hypertext, i need to move the cursor to continue scrolling. this doesn't happen with netscape or IE. i've looked at the settings for scrolling within the program set up, chosen each choice, but problem remains.
thanks, dan
Posted By: dkfan Re: foxfire users..... - 07/14/05 08:41 PM
hey twodan,
Regarding the scrolling problem that you mentioned, try the following:

1.Open Firefox
2.Click on 'Tools' and select 'Options'
3.In the Options dialog box, click on 'Advanced' which would be the last option.
4.On the right-hand side, under Browsing, you would have two options, one for auto-scrolling and the other for smooth scrolling.

You could try checking/unchecking either or both of the options, restart Firefox and see if it helps.

Hi aabouganem,
Regarding your issue with Firefox not displaying java content,

1.Open Firefox
2.Click on 'Tools' and select 'Options'
3.In the Options dialog box, click on 'Web Features' and make sure that the 'Enable Java' and the 'Enable JavaScript' is enabled.
4.Also, click on Tolls and select Extensions and click on Update button and install the flash plug-in for Firefox.

Hope this helps you guys!

Posted By: twodan19 Re: firefox users..... - 07/14/05 09:14 PM
thanks for your suggestions, but i already clicked & unclicked as you suggested. if i have the cursor over the hypertext, it underlines it too
Posted By: Ken.C Re: firefox users..... - 07/15/05 05:29 AM
Blow away your profile, reload Firefox, and give it another shot. I haven't had this problem on XP or OS X.
Posted By: mwc Re: firefox users..... - 07/15/05 01:18 PM
In reply to:

I haven't had this problem on XP

Ditto.
Posted By: twodan19 Re: firefox users..... - 07/15/05 05:43 PM
by blowing away my profile, do you mean just uninstall? i'm running xp-pro.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: firefox users..... - 07/15/05 05:52 PM
I don't think uninstalling Firefox will remove your profile, so you've got to do that manually. Go into

C:\Documents and Settings\your-username\Application Data\Mozilla

and delete the FireFox folder. Or, if Firefox is the only Mozilla program you have, delete the entire Mozilla folder.

That'll do 'er. Oh, and the Application Data folder is normally hidden, so you'll have to either change your view options to show hidden items, do this from the command line, or type the path into the address bad manually.
Posted By: twodan19 Re: firefox users..... - 07/15/05 06:57 PM
thanks peter. i'll dig into it
Posted By: TNTguy Re: firefox users..... - 07/15/05 07:39 PM
Ok, so maybe we keep Peter around for other things and not just his sense of humor.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: firefox users..... - 07/15/05 08:36 PM
If I keep this up, maybe I'll start joking around too much at work and being serious on the forum. It could mean my job!
© Axiom Message Boards