Axiom Home Page
Posted By: willso7 ht room colors - 09/30/05 01:22 AM
hi all ,i want to change the green colors in my ht room ,i want your idea or comments . ty all.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: ht room colors - 09/30/05 01:53 AM
Actually, the lighter color tan walls would be better a darker color, I kinda like the green. Here is my in progress room.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=HT&Number=110103&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: ht room colors - 09/30/05 03:12 PM
Is the room dedicated? It looks it. If it is, consider putting up a chair rail, and dividing the room into two or three colors (darker color on bottom, like a blue, and a slightly lighter color on top, like a darker Khaki. The wal behind the screen can either be black or some other color, depending on the contrast of your projector and the darkness of the room.

Pick a color scheme that you like with the lights on - they really won't show during the movie anyway, will they?
Posted By: dllewel Re: ht room colors - 09/30/05 08:50 PM
Captain Pickard suggestion is a good one, but you can do just about anything you want. A deep blue and medium khaki would look fantastic. I really like the bold blue in Sirquaks room.

Most people seem to use red, but I think that's just because commercial theaters seem to use red. Deep burgandy or purple would look good.

I'm one of the usual red folks (see my site below for pics). Whatever you do, I reccomend the black ceiling if you can do it in a flat or eggshell finish. If your wall color is dark enough and you watch movies with the room darkened, you wouldn't need black on the front wall.

Post some pics when you decide and show us how it turns out.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: ht room colors - 09/30/05 09:03 PM
To me it appears he already has a chair rail, it is just painted the same as the lower color on the wall.
Posted By: willso7 Re: ht room colors - 10/02/05 02:33 PM
some new pictures whit the new color and curtains around the screen,give me your feeling and what to adds !!.yes the chair rail is painted blue. movies poster is on her way. ty
Posted By: SirQuack Re: ht room colors - 10/02/05 03:06 PM
Very nice Ty, where did you get the curtains? Are they Black Velvet for soaking up the stray projector light?

Here is a thread with some my in-progress pics.

Randy

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=HT&Number=110103&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=
Posted By: willso7 Re: ht room colors - 10/02/05 03:13 PM
i get the curtain in a dealers call (bouclair), not velvet, but no reflect ,like eggshel. i see the result when im gonna recieve my 25' componant cable,this week !!!!, for the Z2. i very like your screen men.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: ht room colors - 10/02/05 03:17 PM
I bought both my 25ft component and 25ft HDMI/DVD cable from http://www.monoprice.com each were around the $30-$40 price range. Great picture on my Z2
Posted By: RickF Re: ht room colors - 10/02/05 04:21 PM
I really like your new color Eric, the component cabinet looks very sharp with the colors. Nice setup!
Posted By: dllewel Re: ht room colors - 10/03/05 08:01 PM
Yes, looks good! You didn't waste any time in getting it done. Always neat to see the before and after pics. Enjoy!
© Axiom Message Boards