Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Pack 'O Smokes..... - 10/30/05 09:28 AM
Has it occurred to anyone that golf season is essentially finished in the Northeast, and Ray is not back yet?

I'm wondering if his Rocket fling was more serious then he let on, and if he didn't pull the 'ol "Went out for a pack of smokes and never came back leaving us with the children" bit?

I went through his closet and..... I can't stand to even say this.... his Radio Shack meter is gone!

Posted By: RickF Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 10/30/05 01:20 PM
In reply to:

I can't stand to even say this.... his Radio Shack meter is gone!

Whoa that is serious, he's a definite goner.

How's that song go, 'Men Are Like Streetcars' ... there's one on every corner and something about if yours is missing there will be two to replace him. Or something like that.
Posted By: littleb Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 10/30/05 02:42 PM
Yeah, we miss him. And Rich(fm107plus) and Seabear seem to be missing also. I wonder if they all immigrated over to the dark side.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 10/30/05 03:33 PM
I haven't heard from Ray in much too long a time. Of course, I haven't emailed or called him either. I hope all is well with him, and like others, I miss him too.

I hate it when folks I've enjoyed here at the forum, such as those mentioned above, just disappear without a word. It causes me to worry and wonder about them.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 10/30/05 05:33 PM
Yeah, if F107 was still reading, that last bit about M50s would have pulled him out.

Seems like a lot of the old regulars have just up and disappeared.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/02/05 09:01 PM
Ouch, guys....

Seems I missed a lot of good stuff while I was out fightin' "Sub Wars II"

(now I gotta find out what that was about the M50s)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/02/05 09:19 PM
Haven't a clue, actually...
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/03/05 02:27 AM
Oh.....

......there it is.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/03/05 05:59 AM
Maybe they're all hanging out with Sushi.

Or enjoying their systems too much to spare time for our ilk.
Posted By: littleb Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/03/05 02:55 PM
Ok, I'll bite. What's the deal on the sub wars?
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/03/05 03:59 PM
Simple; really...

A war with My Own Sub!!

I replaced drivers in my ancient sub box, and the system integration went right out the window....took me almost a month to get it right! A long sad story...but it's all better now

It would probably still be down, but the Wife got me back into it cause Star Wars III was being released, and She wasen't about to get into THAT movie without a full blown surround system with a full sub operating
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/03/05 05:48 PM
Me, of all people, had sent Ray a private message a few weeks ago. We share some of the same equipment, so I wanted to ask his opinion. Anyway, I'm happy to inform that he is doing well! From what he told me (and I hope he doesn't mind me sharing!), he's been busy fixing up his new home. Unfortunately, it seems that most of his home theater gear is still in boxes.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/04/05 11:03 PM
OK - you characters don't get off THAT easy!

Please pardon my abscence (or enjoy it ). I've been busier than a one legged man in a shin kicking contest. The new house has taken way too much time to tweak and work (which I hope won't last much past my 59th birthday next year) has been a real hoot.

I wander into the forum from time to time to keep an eye on you, but then its off to the next task.

Mark - you are right about the golf season. It is winding down. Never really got into like I should this year. However, my fixer upper handicap is MUCH improved.

Don't get the wrong idea - the house is great! Just that the putz I bought it from never took "Handyman 101" and there were some other things I wanted to do as well.

One of the big things left to do is finish the basement. Mary is right - my home theater is in boxes waiting for the basement to be done and it's killing me. We're scraping by with a 42" plasma above the fireplace in the great room and some excellent bookshelf speakers, but I really miss the 5.1 setup. I figure to start in December/finish end of Feb and we'll be good to go.

The bad weather should set in shortly and that will curtail the outside stuff, so I'll have some time to get back into the forum and torture you guys a bit!

I'm not sure where the craigsub thread is relative to his 11/19 GTG, but I traded messages with Jack today and we're both planning to attend. Just sent Craig a note asking for the details. As I understand it, Jack and I will be responsible for the portion of the day involving nodding off and drooling. We'll also be conducting a seminar on how to keep the wind from whistling between your teeth while napping and proper nasel and aural hair grooming. There is rumored to be a party, so I know Jack is planning to pack Super Depends for use when the bar opens.

My bride is harrassing me to get ready. We're going to a steak house for dinner tonight. They serve them in various sizes, all the way up to a piece of meat that is big enough to have its own zip code. I will be taking ropes and pitons to tackle one of those bad boys.

Again, I apologize for being MIA and look forward to re-entering the realm of the Axiomites. Thanks for asking about me, feels nice.

Ray
Posted By: Ajax Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/04/05 11:48 PM
Look at this! You send a guy an email, and feels free to just blab his head off. Sheesh!

So good to have you back, big guy (except for the "old guy" jokes ). Glad that F107 popped back up as well. Now if we could just get Bren to quit his job, and find out what, in heaven's name, happened to Doc Orgel.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/05/05 12:23 AM
Uh oh......

Those were old guy "jokes"???

I thought they were mearly "nearly current" predictions.

I also thought the seminar was a pretty good idea too!!!

And yeah; it does feel nice to have been asked about
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/05/05 02:23 AM
Speaking of MIA's, what happened to our favorite sausage fingered, driver poking Texan, Bigjohn?

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/05/05 02:29 AM
I believe John wrote awhile ago that he wouldn't be able to check the boards during "work time" anymore, and that it would seriously curtail his time here....

Ray:
Nice to hear from you! Dis you bring us each a doggie bag?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/05/05 02:31 AM
BigJohn's employer put the clamps on internet usage during working hours. His after-work, and weekend life is such a social whirl that he doesn't have time for us anymore. . I miss him too.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/05/05 02:44 AM
bigjohn is missed. Speaking of big...bigwill is missing too. Where the heck did all these guys go?

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/05/05 06:48 AM
Nice to see you, Ray.

I miss John and Will, too.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/05/05 01:40 PM
In reply to:

Speaking of big...bigwill is missing too.

EGAD! We've become a diminutive forum!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/05/05 05:24 PM
Wow - the "bigs" are missing as well? That's disappointing. Mark - I did gave doggie bags, but then I ate the stuff while I was typing my long note. Sorry.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/05/05 08:38 PM
If it'll make you guys feel better, you can start calling me BigMark.

But I gotta tell 'ya... I'm only 5'7" so there's gonna be some assumptions! .
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/05/05 09:11 PM
Ah, 5'7"....I remember it well

I passed it on the way up in the 50s, and then again on the way back down in the 90s. Sittin' at(Ok, "standin'")at about 5'5" these days

(let's see....me Mum was abour 4'11".....)
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/05/05 09:52 PM
Well, if it helps, I'm 5' 15".
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/05/05 10:05 PM
I, for one....

.....feel much better now

Like when I try to lose weight and start in lbs. and end in kilos'

Those diets Never fail!!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/06/05 09:49 AM
You can call me BigPete, if you want to.... I've got 2 inches on Ray.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/06/05 01:57 PM
Yeah, but you'r a lean mean fightin' machine. You may have 2 inches on Ray, but he has roughly 40 pounds on you!
Posted By: richeydog Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/06/05 05:02 PM
Than would be 40 pounds of MUSCLE right?
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Pack 'O Smokes..... - 11/08/05 11:20 PM
Frankly, my wife has been calling me Little Ray for lots of years now. That whole 2 inches thing is the culprit, I'm afraid. Oh wait, we're talking height here. Ooops.
© Axiom Message Boards