Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack Anybody using the new Philips MP3 players? - 11/09/05 05:39 PM
I can get Ipod through my corporate discount at my employer, not sure I want to jump on the Ipod (evil empire) bandwagon yet

Is anybody using the new Philips 6gb or 30gb GoGears? Any comments on quality would be appreciated, the price is attractive.

My favorite player of all time is no longer produced. The Rio Carbon was tiny, sounded great, and easy to use. Unfortunately Rio was terrible at marketing their products and was shut down by their parent company a couple of months ago. One good thing though: The prices for NIB Carbons are dropping precipitously on ebay. I'll probably pick up a couple for spares. You can get a 5GB model for about $120 including shipping.
Randy, it's not my field, but I thought Microsof* was the evil empire, not Apple?
Some people think Walmart is also Actually, I just started looking at the new Creative Zen 8GB model with FM tuner and picture viewer, not to bad...The Philips can be had for 197 at Walmart.
© Axiom Message Boards