Axiom Home Page
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Home Theater and the Holidays.. - 11/19/05 03:47 AM
I will be having family over for both thanksgiving and christmas to stay at our new house. They havent seen the new Home Theater that I have. There will probably be lots of time for movie watching.

Anyway, my question is, what are some good movies that will really show off the system but are good for the whole family to watch. I was thinking Lord of the rings trilogy and the Harry Potter movies. Any suggestions are welcome.
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: Home Theater and the Holidays.. - 11/19/05 05:21 AM
Shrek, Finding Nemo, Master and Commander, LOTR, Star Wars all, etc.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Home Theater and the Holidays.. - 11/19/05 05:23 AM
Christmas Vacation is one we always watch each year, although it does not have much for SUB action...
Posted By: dllewel Re: Home Theater and the Holidays.. - 11/20/05 04:08 AM
The Incredibles.
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: Home Theater and the Holidays.. - 11/20/05 04:51 AM
Sirquack, we usually watch that movie every year also. Love that movie.

dllewel, good suggestion. i think i will go pick the DVD up on monday. thanks!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Home Theater and the Holidays.. - 11/21/05 09:15 PM
"The Santa Claus 2" is a good one for subs and surrounds!!

(one is OK, but 2 is far better for sounds)
Posted By: RickF Re: Home Theater and the Holidays.. - 11/21/05 09:43 PM

Can't forget this clasic!

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Home Theater and the Holidays.. - 11/22/05 12:39 AM
Guys, the ultimate holiday movie is Scrooged.

Where else you gonna see Richard Donner directing Bill Murray, who drinks Stoli and Tab and gets hit in the face with a toaster by Carol Kane? Stuff blows up. Bobcat Goldthwait goes postal in a TV studio. Talk about fun for the whole family.

Okay, not the WHOLE family, but that movie cracks me up.
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: Home Theater and the Holidays.. - 11/25/05 05:22 PM
Just bought Polar Express and War of the worlds from amazon.com for a total of 30 bucks plus free shipping. Not to bad. I figure polar express will be a good one for the whole family on christmas.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Home Theater and the Holidays.. - 11/25/05 08:04 PM
Yeah,......and during "Polar Express" when that train goes Right Through Your Listening Room, at about 115db!!......

Haven't seen "War of the Worlds" yet(we got it at the same time as "Polar Express" also)but won't be able to watch it til Monday when the kids are in school

One of the little ones are getting scared while watching anything scarrier than Sponge Bob, so....
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: Home Theater and the Holidays.. - 11/25/05 10:28 PM
So polar express will show off the system nicely then huh? I have never seen it but it looks pretty good.
© Axiom Message Boards