Axiom Home Page
Posted By: craigsub jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 03:51 AM
Jakeman worked out the deal in regards to his and mine purchase of four EP-500/600 subwoofers each.

He got a subwoofer (an EP-500) thrown into the deal for "free"

What is he doing with this subwoofer ?

Jack (Ajax) ... What color would you like your new EP-500 to be ?

Hearty attaboys to Ian and Jakeman !!!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 03:54 AM
What's a guy gotta do around here for a free subwoofer???
Posted By: RickF Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 03:54 AM
How cool is that!

Way to go guys.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 03:56 AM
That was meant to be with my updated avatar.
Posted By: richeydog Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 03:58 AM
Tis the season for joy and happiness. Who says Santa isn't real. Congrats, Jack.
Posted By: jakeman Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 03:59 AM
err...well...ummm...not exactly. We did arrange a volume discount for buying 8 subs with a ninth one for Jack if he wants it at the same price. But then Craig nobily offered to donate his entire volume discount to Jack. AttaBoy Craig. You are the man!
Posted By: Ajax Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 04:26 AM
You are, of course, joking right?
Posted By: RickF Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 04:28 AM
Doesn't sound like it, Mr.(EP500) Ajax...I do believe these fellas are for real.

Congratulations Jack, it couldn't have happened to a nicer person!
Posted By: richeydog Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 04:30 AM
Unless its April 1st Jack, I'm guessing their not joking.
Posted By: craigsub Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 04:31 AM
In reply to:

You are, of course, joking right?

We are serious, Jack. Just don't buy this from John that he is not deserving the credit for this. He does.
Posted By: RickF Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 04:33 AM
Somebody call 911, we may need them on standby.
Posted By: richeydog Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 04:36 AM
Now that is funny!
Posted By: Ajax Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 04:52 AM
OH C'MON! What the $*%# could I have done to deserve that??? This HAS to be a joke.
Posted By: RickF Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 04:55 AM
Well it's about damn time you showed up Mr.!

We were all collaborating to send a priority medivac jet flight to Ohio to see if you were alive.

Jack...cursed!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 04:56 AM
Jack, I would have to say that this has been a pretty good year for you in the speaker department! Congrats!

Posted By: Lorenzo1000 Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 04:57 AM
You lucky, lucky bast*$d.

Congrats Jack !!! It's like a belated birthday present!!! BTW, Happy Belated B-Day!!!
Posted By: Ajax Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 05:33 AM
Well, if this is on the up and up, make mine black. I don't know who I have to thank for this, but, in the immortal words of Blanche Dubois in A Streetcar Named Desire all I can say is "Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."

Seriously, is this for real? If so, I offer my profoundest thanks to any and all who are responsible. So far Ian, Craig, and John have been mentioned, so to them I say you've made an old man very, very happy (however, you've REALLY ticked off my neighbors, who, when I watch War Of The Worlds will now believe it's a real attack )
Posted By: JohnK Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 05:42 AM
Very happy for you Jack, but now you have the burden of deciding between opposite mid-walls and co-locating. You'll survive(even if the neighbors don't and call Mike Trivisonno for advice).
Posted By: bray Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 06:20 AM
The only time in life I wish my name was Jack.

OH..... BTW: My Bday was Oct.3rd
Posted By: pmbuko Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 06:28 AM
Jack, I'll be in Cleveland for Christmas. If you can't stand the generosity, I can relieve you of some of it.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 06:33 AM
Congratulations on the 500, once again you are part of the Axiom owners club. I can not think of a more deserving person to receive such a great surprise. Now you will be watching for the local FedEx truck to show up !
Posted By: Ajax Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 06:36 AM
FAT CHANCE! However, I hope you'll stop in and drool a little. (What am I saying? You have a nice big SVS that I'm sure is quite satisfying)
Posted By: rcvecc Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 11:30 AM
this could turn into a messageboard holiday classic

carefull jack....youll blow your ear out with that thing
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 01:27 PM
Jack:
Congratulations! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!
Posted By: Wid Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 03:33 PM
This news has me all excited and I didn't get anything.If anyone on the board deserves a EP 500 it has to be uncle Jack.Hey come on now doesn't he seem like he's everyones older uncle, except maybe Ray of course .Seriously, congrats Jack you are one hell of a good ol boy.
Posted By: Ajax Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 03:51 PM
Thanks for the kind and complimentary words, everybody. This is a fine community, and I'm very proud to be a part of it. The best part of this is that now I'm officially an Axiomite again. Gotta go put my marker on the Axiom Audition Map. Woo Hoo!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 04:59 PM
You flip-flopper.
Posted By: Ajax Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 05:16 PM
Oh you're just jealous cuz I posted pics of my great nephew. I'm not a flip flopper. I just hold dual citizenship.
Posted By: Wid Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 05:19 PM

Jack have you pinched yourself a few times to make sure this is not a dream .
Posted By: Ajax Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 05:23 PM
I'm black and blue! Seriously!
Posted By: littleb Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 05:24 PM
That does it. I'm getting me a pole ax and I'm goin' to smash the JBL. Just joking, of course. Congrats, Jack.
Posted By: EddyZ Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 05:34 PM
Wow Jack!! Congratulations, pretty cool(*slurp*)!! Now I gotta get a napkin!

The generosity of the audio community is wonderful.

Don't worry about being a flip-flopper......I own Axiom, Ascend, Onix and Outlaw! (It's all good)
Posted By: oz350z Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 05:42 PM
I'll second that! This couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
Congrats, Jack
oz
Posted By: Ajax Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 06:58 PM
Thanks fellas. When I figure out what it is I do that can induce otherwise perfectly normal people to go wacky and do wonderfully kind and generous things for me, I'm going to DO IT A WHOLE LOT MORE OFTEN!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 07:11 PM
Well,....I think we all know what you do already!!

Congratulations!!

If it couldn't have happened to me; I'm glad that it happened to you!(ok, I wish that it would have happened to my wife...., naw, our neighbors are too close; better it be you!!

Again,....CONGRATS!!!
Rich.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 07:18 PM
Don't do that, Jack, or you might jinx it.

(Damn, is that word taboo now??? )
Posted By: BruceH Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 07:22 PM
In reply to:

Jack (Ajax) ... What color would you like your new EP-500 to be ?

Hearty attaboys to Ian and Jakeman !!!

Way to go! Amazing!
The world needs more people like you guys.

Congrats Jack! Happy belated birthday!
Posted By: bugbitten Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 09:13 PM
In reply to:

I'll second that! This couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
Congrats, Jack

I'll third that or whatever!
Posted By: dllewel Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 09:32 PM
Yes, amazing generosity from Ian, John and Craig. Very cool, and a great example for the holidays. Next someone will be negotiating the movie rights to "A Miracle on Axiom Forum".
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 09:40 PM
In reply to:

Next someone will be negotiating the movie rights to "A Miracle on Axiom Forum".

Hmmm, that gives me an idea!

Sutter
Posted By: dllewel Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 10:45 PM
Can't wait to hear it
Posted By: jinhan Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/06/05 11:11 PM
Reading threads like this just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

It nice to see nice things happen to nice people.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/07/05 12:06 AM
John & Craig - most excellent!! Not only did I have a great time with you guys at the GTG, this is a beautiful thing you are doing for a beautiful (but older ) guy.

Jack, when a gift horse opens it's mouth - DUCT TAPE IT SHUT. Looks like a birthday that will live in your memory for quite a while!! Congrats!

Ray
Posted By: Ray3 Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/07/05 12:13 AM
Jack,

We must be slipping. Listen, once you get that 500 and get it set up, let me know and we''ll go to work on Curtis. He hasn't bought anything lately. There's no TELLING how many 500s we can get him to buy. {smile]
Posted By: Ajax Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/07/05 01:40 AM
What a WONDERFUL idea, Ray! However, I don't think anyone could pry Curtis' HSU away from him, not even from his cold dead hands. But, we shouldn't let that stop us from trying.
Posted By: Wid Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/07/05 01:43 AM

Curtis probably has a Hsu HO on order right now. You know he isn't about to change
Posted By: jakeman Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/07/05 03:20 AM
Hey Ray. Seeing how you too chose the 500 over the SVS sub, its time for an upgrade to go with your new acoustical treatments and projector.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/07/05 04:08 AM
One thing I learned in college is that it's easier to get things out of people's still-warm dead hands. You know, before the rigor mortis sets in.
Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/07/05 03:59 PM
peter, regarding how you know that, please tell me that you either: A) went to med school or B) the statute of limitations has run out.
Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/07/05 04:02 PM
jack, congratulations on your new toy! it so refreshing to see something like this happen here involving the great people here at the boards and also at Axiom.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/07/05 11:57 PM
John - you have no idea!!! I like my 20-39 PCi, but the 500 is clearly an upgrade.

However - just finalized plans for the basement/home theater Monday and will be ordering the lumber next week with plans to start framing the first weekend in January. The 500 idea is mouth wateriing, but I got a plate full of upcoming basement expenses. Sigh...

Hey - maybe a couple of crazy guys will by a boatload of 500s & 600s and send me one out of the goodness of their hearts. Awww, that's just carzy talk, that kind of thing NEVER happens!
Posted By: RickF Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/08/05 12:29 AM
Ray if you are going to be doing the work on your own and you haven't already done so, do yourself a huge favor and buy an air compressor and a nail gun.

Between a complete remodel of our home this time last year and a dedicated music/movie room addition at the moment these items have particulary been the most worthwhile.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/08/05 12:57 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Rick. The guy who is helping me..... Wait, that's not right. The friend who offered to provide his impressive expertise and skills to this project is who I will be helping. He has all the toys, including the nail gun. Also a very nice mitre saw and other "surprises" (as he explained) that will assist in the effort.

I'm not at the point where my wife cries when I pick up a power tool, but he is simply remarkable. This is his way of returning the favor for the many days I spent helping him while he was involved in building his Finger Lakes retirement home this summer.

We're figuring 2-3 of days framing and alike amount of time with the electrical. I am going to farm out the entire drywall piece and do the painting. He comes back for the ceiling. Then I'll have the carpeting installed. After that, he'll do the molding. Then I'll noodle around with some DIY acoustic treatment.

We'll go at this aggressively and I'm hoping for a mid to end of March completion.

BTW - let's not hijack this thread on this subject. The subject is too precious and I'd like to see Jack enjoy it.

Ray
Posted By: RickF Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/08/05 01:06 AM
In reply to:

BTW - let's not hijack this thread on this subject. The subject is too precious and I'd like to see Jack enjoy

Yep.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/08/05 01:49 AM
How could a thread about a free EP500 possibly compete with the enjoyment of actually owning one? I say hi-jack away boys.
Posted By: Ajax Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/08/05 02:30 AM
Are you kidding? I'm one of the most notorious hijackers on the forum. If it weren't for hijacks, an awful lot of threads would be boring.

Besides. I got a PM from Amie today, and the 500 won't ship 'til tomorrow. We gotta have SOMETHING to talk about until it arrives. So, hijack away
Posted By: snakeyes Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/08/05 07:34 AM
In reply to:

So, hijack away

is "hijack" your superhero name or something?
Posted By: richeydog Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/08/05 07:50 AM
I was thinking Kojack.
Posted By: Ajax Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/08/05 12:29 PM
Lojack!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: jakeman did something really COOL ! - 12/08/05 12:32 PM
No! Jack.

© Axiom Message Boards