Axiom Home Page
Like going on eBay. Saw a pair of cherry M3ti's on there, a year old. Bid $150, had a few, the bid went up, had a couple more... So I am now the proud owner of a pair of M3's for the astonishing price of $272 including shipping. AAAAARRRGH! I PAID $2 MORE THAN A NEW PAIR FROM FO! I GYPPED AXIOM!. WHAT A DUMBASS! I blame Tom T of course, he's been pushing me to grab a pair (of M3's, you pervs) since I've been on the forum. Note to Ian: Sorry.
Plus you could have had a 5 year warranty.
Your choice of finish.
Go ahead and rub it in, you guys. . .

You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Helped with getting the Jet for Ian next year !
Well...that's still $3.00 Less than I paid for my first set of M3s.....over four years ago!!

....they were $275; full price, back then.
I know, I know. At least they ARE the finish I wanted. Grrrr.
Plus, you have to stress over possible shipping damage. Ask Randy!

Oh, wait. That was an Axiom purchase so they simply sent him a new one. Nevermind.
ooohhhh man, that was a low blowww...
Booze and auctions are not a good mix!
Would it help if I told you I got my EP350 for $300 Canadian including tax and delivery?

Be thankful it was just a speaker, in my youth most of my "stupid things happen when you have one too many" involved members of the opposite sex .
Here's me laying in a corner curled up in the fetal position. Feel free to keep on kicking me.
In reply to:

Feel free to keep on kicking me

At least you got some good speakers out of the deal.

Have a Happy New Year.

But hide to credit cards!!!!
Don't feel bad, I see Jinx is the high bidder on some Ebay bids on some M60's VP150 and some Qs8's on Ebay right now. I thought he already had some mains.
Hey Mark:
Believe me when I say that I would never kick the guy who offered to set up my network for me at N/C!

Just a very friendly little poke in the ribs!
Yep, and with 6 days to go the price with shipping is already getting close to FO prices for the VP & Qs. lol
Yeah, I know I'll be happy with the speaks. I just feel like the Chump from Chumpsville. Bugs Bunny has been haunting my dreams: "Suck-eeerrrrr!"
/yosemite sam

Now wait just a dadgum minute!

I was admittedly curious, Mark, when I saw you had titled a thread like this. I thought, surely, you would be passing along some snopes-worthy tidbit of idiocy rather than something you had personally perpetrated. So, imagine my suprise - nay, my amusement - to find that you had not only combined the unholy trinity of the internet, money and booze, but had the temerity to actually blame ME.

While I certainly HAVE been culpable for encouraging friends to over-imbibe at the holidays, and one day dearly hope to share that experience with you, this event was clearly the sort of self-abuse for which only the protagonist can be responsible.

You probably made the seller pretty happy, though.

Try not to let the transaction spoil your enjoyment of the speakers.

Maybe a breathalyzer on your keyboard would help? Nah, we'd never get anything out of you on the weekends.

Hey, if I bring beer, can I come listen to the M3's?
Tom,

Heehee. Sure you can come down and have a listen. I'm in the process of rebuilding the little tube monoblocks so give me a few weeks and I'll let you know. One of the monoblocks started "fizzing" and went dead. Needless to say for someone of limited experience with tube circuitry this is a project with a steep and frustrating learning curve. And GOOD GOD the prices for some of the components are high. $14.95 for an old school oil-and-paper capacitor anyone? Good thing Dad packed away a bunch of old tubes.
© Axiom Message Boards