Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Aharon Almost a new Axiom owner - 12/30/05 01:33 PM
My order is sitting in the local Fedex place waiting to be brought to my house. I ordered:

M3ti's
QS4's
VP150
EP350

Also to be delivered today from another vendor is my Panny 50inch Plasma.

This is my first attempt at a home theator. Just moved into a new house and am converting a 16x11 den into a TV room. Prior to this I have always owned those "Surround sound in a box" type systems. Think I will hear a difference?
Posted By: SirClyde Re: Almost a new Axiom owner - 12/30/05 03:07 PM
Hi and welcome aboard. Before my Axiom's arrived 2 weeks ago I to only owned home theater in a box. When I first got my HTIB I thought they were great and compared to listening to the tv without a stereo they were. When I got my Axiom's I was blown away. I find myself watching a ton of movies that I have watched before and liking the movie better through my speakers. Have fun
Posted By: Wid Re: Almost a new Axiom owner - 12/30/05 03:10 PM

For a first H/T set you sure did a good job picking out the system. I bet your going to be enjoying them.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Almost a new Axiom owner - 12/30/05 04:02 PM
We certainly HOPE you'll hear a difference. And, I'll be VERY surprised if you don't. Welcome to the Axiom family and forum. Keep us posted, please.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Almost a new Axiom owner - 12/30/05 04:11 PM
Welcome and hope ya stick around.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Almost a new Axiom owner - 12/30/05 05:21 PM
>>Think I will hear a difference?

Yep, you are going to hear one heck of a difference.

If you have any questions or concerns about setting up the system (particularly speaker settings and levels) post back here and we can walk you through it. You will need to get the settings approximately right to get at least 80% of the potential enjoyment from the system, and might have to move the sub around a few times to get the full impact.

Having said that, if you just plug everything in, set the sub to 1/4 and listen, it's probably STILL going to be a big improvement over your previous system.

You didn't mention a receiver... are you going to use the HTIB receiver or something else ?
© Axiom Message Boards