Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Zarak NFL Playoffs - 01/02/06 01:08 PM
No Eagles to root for this postseason, so I have to take some interest in the other games. How's it going to play out this year?

I will predict:

Carolina beats NYG
Tampa beats Washington
New England beats Jville
Cincinati beats Pittsburgh (this one may be more wishful thinking, since Cincy is my AFC team I am rooting for this year)

That would lead to

Carolina at Seattle
Tampa at Bears
New England at Indy
Cincy at Denver

I'll go with Seattle and Tampa ( I still don't believe in the Bears)

And Indy and Denver

Indy vs. Seattle Super Bowl, with Indy getting the win.
Posted By: littleb Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/02/06 02:16 PM
I'm not that hot on Tampa, either, but I agree with the Seattle/Indy Super Bowl. However, I think the Seahags will pull off the upset since the Colts won't be able to stop Alexander--he'll rush for 210 yards against Freeney and Co., win the Super Bowl MVP, and the hags will reward him with a 130 million dollar contract. I would never bet on Dungy winning the big game, but Holmgren can pull it off.
Posted By: jinhan Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/02/06 03:30 PM
I'm a big time Giants fan, but I have my doubts that they can overcome the Carolina Panthers.

I love the Bengals, but the realist in me says that Pittsburgh will win.

Other than that, I agree with your other predictions, for today. I can't wait for the playoffs to finally start!
Posted By: TNTguy Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/02/06 08:35 PM
Please please, just someone beat the Broncos!
Posted By: snakeyes Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/03/06 05:05 AM
BIG BLUE ALL THE WAY!!!!!
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/03/06 05:43 AM
Bears for teh win.
Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/03/06 05:02 PM

Posted By: LT61 Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/03/06 05:19 PM
Da Bucks........or, Da Bears.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/03/06 07:40 PM
The Skins will win at least one game - my prediction. They've been playing well lately, and if you look at their losses - they got blown out only once this year. The rest of their losses were very close (either OT, last play wins or they had a chance late in the game). That said, coming off of 5 wins in a row, you've got to think things will catch up to them soon.... Here's keeping my fingers crossed.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/03/06 08:33 PM
the little-known yet highly overrated Seahawks Fight Song!

Go Seahawks go
All the way to the Super Bowl
Fly high and fly free
Crying Seahawk victory
Go! Go! Go!

Go Seahawks go
Our hearts are strong and true
Go Seahawks go go go
We love you Seahawk blue

It's been a good and fun season so far, and I look forward to the playoffs. Sports pessimism is pathological in Seattle, however.
Posted By: Zarak Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/03/06 09:17 PM
I just don't think the skins are that good. They had to win Sunday and had trouble with the Eagles until the 4th quarter when the Eagles decided to start turning the ball over, and the Eagles had nothing to play for. I don't think the Skins or Tampa are that good...certainly the worst matchup of the four games. I think I'll go back to my original picks and have the Bears beating Tampa though. I don't believe in the Bears, but the more I think about it I don't believe in Tampa either. Carolina vs. Seattle should be the conference championship game, but it likely won't play out that way.
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/03/06 10:56 PM
Seattle will take it all. Im not a fan of them but they have played flawless and have been under the radar all year.
Posted By: hashts Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/03/06 11:28 PM
As much as I dislike the Patriots (even tho I like their sportsmanship and teamwork) we shouldn't be so quick to count them out. For the past 4-5 years every time I think the Pats are done for they find a way to win. Heck, even last year they played Indy in the AFC championship and flat out won (and this is when Peyton threw for the most TD's in a season). Somehow the Pats always find a way to win and they are on a real hot streak as of late. Did you guys know that Tom Brady threw the most passing yards of any quarterback this season?

And just remember Indy did lose 2 games earlier so this will be an interesting playoffs. I'm not so hot on Indy and Cincy right now. But I still think the AFC will win this year, sorry but I don't think Seattle can beat Indy or the Pats in the big show.
Posted By: jinhan Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/04/06 04:24 PM
The patriots have looked extremely good over the past several weeks. They hare getting all there defensive starters back, and playing to a high level. I think they will be a force to be a reckoned with in the playoffs.

I agree, never count them out.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/09/06 05:10 PM
The Skins foudn a way this weekend to pull out a victory. Yes, with a pitiful showing no offense, no doubt. In fact, the worst in league history.... But that is a testament to their defense. They're on a huge winning streak. Can they keep it going? Only time (and the Seahawks) will tell.

Either way, you take the wins when you can get 'em, especially when it takes you one step closer to the prize.

Go Skins, baby
Posted By: Zarak Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/09/06 05:32 PM
Sorry, but it will end for the Skins this weekend. I haven't seen the spread, but I would expect it to be double digits and I would expect Seattle to cover as well.

Denver vs. NE and Bears vs. Panthers should both be decent games.
Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/09/06 08:12 PM
last I heard, as of this morning Seahawks by 9. But I might be a closer game if the Skins offense gets off their dead a$$es and produces.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/09/06 09:27 PM
The Panthers will be crushed. GO BEARS!
Posted By: jinhan Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/09/06 11:19 PM
I had a rough weekend watching these playoffs. My Giants didn't even show up to the game! I also root for the Bengals (lived there for six years), and they lost as well. I wonder what the outcome would have been if Carson Palmer wasn't knocked out after the second play (ouch!).

I think the Bears-Carolina game will be a close. I would feel better about the Bear's chances if they had a better offense. This will be one low scoring game.

Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/10/06 03:02 AM
Since Rex Grossman...I think the Bears Offence has gotten a jump-start.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/24/06 11:45 PM
Shameless bump for my Seattle brother izub.

Go Seahawks!
Posted By: Ajax Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/25/06 12:59 AM
OH OH! My friend Tom is for the Seahawks, and my friend Ray is for the Steelers. Me? I'm no dummy. I'm keeping my mouth SHUT!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/25/06 02:42 AM
But Ray knows where you live!
Posted By: Ajax Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/25/06 02:47 AM
LOL! Good point. I'm moving as we speak.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/25/06 02:52 AM
I'll have to give Brother Ray3 a call and see how many points he'll give me on a friendly wager. I should call him tonight, now that Peter got him all liquored up.
Posted By: jinhan Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/25/06 02:44 PM
Go Steelers! Go Seahawks!

It's hard to decide which team to root for. I want the Steelers to win, just so that Jerome Bettis can go out winning a Superbowl. I also like Bill Cohwer as a coach, and would like to see him finally win one.

I want to see Seattle win, because they have never won a Superbowl. However, Mike Holmgren has won already.

I guess I'm leaning towards rooting for Pittsburg.

Eitherway, I hope it's an entertaining game.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/25/06 03:50 PM
I'm rooting for the S------s, myself.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: NFL Playoffs - 01/25/06 06:20 PM
Go Bears!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: NFL Playoffs - 02/03/06 10:59 PM
I know this is somebody's photoshop art, but I still like it.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: NFL Playoffs - 02/04/06 02:54 AM
I think the helmet portion may actually be a real picture; it's just the decorations on the helmet that are pshop.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: NFL Playoffs - 02/04/06 04:05 AM
Yep. Here's the tutorial on how to make your own cat a citrus helmet.

http://penguinx.org/?p=31
© Axiom Message Boards