Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sssutherland Vonage experience - 01/06/06 02:57 AM
Anybody have any horror stories concerning vonage phone service? It seems like the way to go compared to what I am using now.

Any tips appreciated.

Posted By: royce73 Re: Vonage experience - 01/06/06 03:12 AM
We have been using it for almost a year now. No problems at all. The only concern is that they do not offer 911 service.
Posted By: curtis Re: Vonage experience - 01/06/06 05:51 AM
I have a friend using Vonage with no complaints.

I am using AT&T's VoIP service for over year, and it has been great....and they have 911 service now.
Posted By: Asynchronous Re: Vonage experience - 01/06/06 06:07 PM
I have used Vonage for just over a year. Generally, I love it - got to keep my old phone #, no audible difference in sound quality, can forward phone line to cell, voice mail messages accessible online, and cut my phone bill in half.

Only complaint is that my Vonage router has been fried twice in the past year - once by lightning the other by power outage. You waste 1/2 hour on the phone each time chatting with clueless CSRs in India who make you reboot 80 times in hopes that the problem automagically goes away. Then they finally agree to send you a new router (for free, but they do charge your card pending return of the old one).

Overall, definitely recommended, as long as you are somewhat comfortable with technology or have a pet geek somewhere handy.
© Axiom Message Boards