Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Wid BB King - 02/10/06 09:39 PM
Tonights the night, I'm pretty excited about the concert. This is my first time seeing BB King live. There is suppose to be some "special guests" to help celebrate his 80th birthday.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: BB King - 02/10/06 10:00 PM
Enjoy and hope ya have a great time Rick. !!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: BB King - 02/10/06 10:01 PM
Say hi to Lucille for me.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: BB King - 02/10/06 10:35 PM
Yep...looking forward to it myself.

The wife and I have tickets to see B.B. and Lucille here in Austin (I believe) on the 24th.

Will be a night to remember...

Enjoy the show...I know we will...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: RickF Re: BB King - 02/11/06 12:42 AM
Man I am so freaking jealous!

I hope you and the little Missus has a very, really great time my man ... we'll be waiting for the report.
Posted By: michael_d Re: BB King - 02/11/06 01:30 AM
I’m envious of you guys. Not that many artist venture to Alaska.

Speaking of BB King, I just bought a new CD you’ll like if you like the 50 – 60’s style blues. Kirk Fletcher, Shades of Blue. He’s a young guy (20’s) that has that original blues sound. The CD biography goes to say that he got his inspiration from BB King and you can tell. He just plays guitar and vocals are done by Kim Wilson, Janiva Magness and Finis Tasby.

Posted By: Wid Re: BB King - 02/11/06 07:35 AM
The show was very good. BB was on stage for right about two hours, playing, singing and tell his stories. He works the crowd like no one else I have ever seen before. His playing is still quite amazing being 80 years old. If you guys ever get a chance to see him do it you too will be in for a good time.
Posted By: samandnoah Re: BB King - 02/11/06 04:43 PM
Hey WhatFurrer--

Long time no speak! It's Sunday night, 2/26, and I'm taking my two sons for a boys night out. Really excited about it. Back in the '70s my sister's boyfriend got to be the person who picked up B.B. and Lucille @ the airport in New Haven, CT. (Actually, it may have been the train station now that I think about it). So while I never met B.B. I did get to sit on the same seat that Lucille sat on! And I did know that it was royalty, even then.

Rich

© Axiom Message Boards