Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Tharkun iRobot - A new cat toy ?? - 02/21/06 02:14 AM
Now that part of the tile is grouted and finished, decided to pick up the iRobot that has been on the list for about a year. The link below is a five minute mpg that was taken on the digital camera. Not the best quality and the mic seems to make the iRobot louder than it really is.
The robo vac works better than expected, it will reduce time vacuuming by about 80% I think, once all the tiling is finished and he can venture into all areas of the first floor. The docking station keeps him charged and once he is sent out to work he will seek out and return to the station for a recharge as needed. Getting cornered or stuck has not been a problem, also has an edge sensor so he won't go crashing down stairs.
Have only had him for a few days but so far I think its worth the cost, does a great job getting to all areas and does clean well, of course he will not go under the speakers and furniture, so will still need to do that.

LINK
Posted By: bridgman Re: iRobot - A new cat toy ?? - 02/21/06 05:12 AM
>>of course he will not go under the speakers and furniture

Isn't that what cats are for ? Furniture anyways...

How well does it work on tile ?
Posted By: Tharkun Re: iRobot - A new cat toy ?? - 02/21/06 05:28 AM
In the couple of days its been in house, seems to do very good, if I don't find a problem with it after a few weeks of use, will add a second one for upstairs. They also make a Scooba, which may solve another time consuming thing of keeping the marble spotless, especially the nice high gloss back that someone just had to use for a border for the entire first level.
© Axiom Message Boards