Axiom Home Page
Posted By: cgolf M3 price on ebay - 02/24/06 10:03 PM
I've got a chance to pick up a set of M3s for $222 + $28 shipping on ebay. That is $70 less than new but only $38 less from the outlet store. They are supposedly about 3 months old. Any thoughts?? I have almost 900 feedback on ebay so I'm not concerned about the ebay issue. Just is the price worth it?
Posted By: Tharkun Re: M3 price on ebay - 02/24/06 10:07 PM
Just my opinion, unless the $ 38 is going to break the bank, or if the wait time from the FO is more than you care for. I would go with the FO and have new units along with the warranty. Also would help with the "get Ian a jet" fund. lol
Posted By: SirQuack Re: M3 price on ebay - 02/24/06 10:11 PM
To me having the 5 year warranty and free shipping is enough to justify the extra cost and buy directly from Axiom. If you have technical issues, you'll be out of luck.
Posted By: Lorenzo1000 Re: M3 price on ebay - 02/24/06 10:11 PM
I say factory outlet too. It's just a better value when you throw in Axiom customer service and satisfaction guarantees.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: M3 price on ebay - 02/24/06 10:24 PM
I'm in with the factory outlet also. You will get a new product with no worries.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: M3 price on ebay - 02/24/06 10:26 PM
ditto the rest.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: M3 price on ebay - 02/24/06 10:31 PM
I had the same opportunity but went with FO instead. Axiom CS is too good to pass up.
Posted By: cgolf Re: M3 price on ebay - 02/24/06 11:03 PM
When 2 or 3 are in agreement, that is usually a good sign and this is one of those times. I had pretty much made up my mind to go with the FO but just wanted to hear from the Axiom mind bank..

Thanks to all!!! Love these boards...............
Posted By: INANE Re: M3 price on ebay - 02/25/06 12:35 AM
Nothing against someone trying to get rid of their Axioms (many good reasons, upgrade comes to mind). But if its feasable to just get them from Axiom I say get it from them as they deserve our support.

Posted By: F107plus5 Re: M3 price on ebay - 02/25/06 01:34 AM
Ah yes; the M3s!

I could use another set of those little darlins' in my "other" system!

...I should check ebay, I wonder if they're the older SE version?

I could be tempted!

....ooops,.....not if they're only three months old
Posted By: cgolf Re: M3 price on ebay - 02/25/06 02:57 AM
This set was 3 months old but both speakers had a small but noticable nick on top.... For $38 more I can wait a few weeks and get them from the FO. Maybe Ian will take me for a $38 ride in his new plane. Could we even taxi for $38??????????????
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: M3 price on ebay - 02/25/06 04:02 AM
Yup; for 19 bucks per nick, it's worth the wait!

And ya know, if Ian and Amie got a new amphibious aircraft, they could tie it up right at their dock and maybe for $38 you could have a choice of a spin around the lake or even a wildly breezy water ski jaunt!!
© Axiom Message Boards