Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BrenR The Sony Workout - 03/03/06 06:40 AM
So Lisa's mom bought a Sony Wega 4:3 32" CRT and asked me if I'd pick it up, bring it in and hook it up tonight.

No problem.

Wait... it weighs 165 lbs? If it ate a cheeseburger, it and I would be the same weight.

Something's going to hurt in the morning.

Bren R.
Posted By: Wid Re: The Sony Workout - 03/03/06 12:29 PM

Be careful there Bren them damn things are awkward as heck too. I just had to move my 36" Toshiba and it was a bear.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: The Sony Workout - 03/03/06 02:03 PM
I have that TV (or something very close to it). I weigh 225 -- all muscle, baby (yeah, right!) -- and I would not attempt to move it by myself.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: The Sony Workout - 03/03/06 03:04 PM
A few years ago we bought a 32" Toshiba Cinema series HD ready CRT television. Those dang things are heaaaaaaaavy.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: The Sony Workout - 03/03/06 04:42 PM
Then that's one HUGE six pack you got, dude...
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: The Sony Workout - 03/03/06 05:41 PM
I got rid of my old Sony 32" CRT last year and replaced it with a 50" Sony. That 32" had to be lifted by two people as it was so deep you couldn't get your arms around it. That sucker must have weighed over 200 lbs. The new Sony is about 90 lbs. Hope your back is o.k.
Posted By: BrenR Re: The Sony Workout - 03/03/06 09:21 PM
It actually wasn't that bad, I had help bringing it in the house... help that couldn't stick around to wait for me to assemble the stand, though. So removing it from the box and placing it on the stand were my responsibility. It wasn't too bad... both my testicles are still the same size, but I learned where new sweat glands existed.

I do really like the way Sony's stands look and how they're custom built to the TV... I did get a chuckle out of the little nylon strap attached to the stand with 3 staples that holds the TV down, though. Looks like half of a hipsack belt... I wouldn't want to rely on that to keep the TV from toppling!

Thank goodness for long arms, strong legs and empty heads.

Bren R.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: The Sony Workout - 03/03/06 09:24 PM
WARNING: brief description of hernia follows. Avert eyes if easily disturbed.

It's not your testicles you need to worry about when doing heavy lifint, it's whether or not your intestines intride into your sack that's the issue.

<shudder>
Posted By: BrenR Re: The Sony Workout - 03/03/06 09:46 PM
Peter: Eww.

Also, I realized the big difference between the two major digital cable providers here.

The phone company's ONLY comes off the box in RF (& an digital optical labelled AC3 - though I didn't actually test it to see if it was live)... now I'm glad we went with the cable company's solution.

Bren R.
Posted By: jimmienorton Re: The Sony Workout - 03/03/06 10:44 PM
I have a KV-34xbr800 in my bedroom and let me tell you it will stay with the house when I sell it. Maybe! I gave the guy $50 that delivered it here to put it in the living room and when I got my Panny I had to move it to the bedroom and I think I ripped that guy off.I think its about 210 pounds.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: The Sony Workout - 03/04/06 01:59 AM
my god, what was I smoking when I wrote that. I could swear I read it over for typos. Guess not.

Oh, and that description is NOT from personal experience, thank god...
Posted By: Ray3 Re: The Sony Workout - 03/04/06 10:54 PM
I believe the visual created by the thought would have also impaired my ability to focus on the typing.
Posted By: Richie Re: The Sony Workout - 03/05/06 12:22 AM
Note to myself: Do not buy a big screen CRT TV. Buy an LCD TV. Avoid hernia!!!
© Axiom Message Boards