Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sidvicious02 IMAX for Sale??? - 03/09/06 04:48 PM
Interesting story this morning on CBC

Imax contemplating sale of giant-screen business

Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: IMAX for Sale??? - 03/09/06 06:02 PM
Axiom should buy it. That way, they could have large signs saying "Audio by axiom."

Then everyone would buy Axiom!

Think, 20 M80's for the left channel, 20 VP150's for the center...30 or so EP600's.... :P
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: IMAX for Sale??? - 03/09/06 07:08 PM
It will be interesting to see if spiffnme has anything he can share about this.

Personally, I've found the IMAX experience at feature films to be amazing, and something that I will continue to spend more money and more time to have relative to other theatres. As a matter of fact, I think that we've gone to more IMAX movies than regular cineplex movies over the last several years, even though they cost slightly more and require an hour drive. Multiplexes are not enough better than my living room to warrant the time/money, but IMAX is.

I had not been to IMAX in years before The Polar Express (or maybe Harry Potter, I forget). Now, we go there for anything remotely interesting, but still not the IMAXumentary material.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: IMAX for Sale??? - 03/09/06 07:28 PM
I wonder what Spiff will say about this, he works for IMAX.
Posted By: RickF Re: IMAX for Sale??? - 03/09/06 07:40 PM
I bet spiffnme knows what's going on.

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: IMAX for Sale??? - 03/09/06 07:51 PM
He may or may not know what's going on, but even if he does, he may not be able to share anything interesting with the likes of us.
Posted By: RickF Re: IMAX for Sale??? - 03/09/06 07:57 PM
If he did tell us, reckon he'd have to shoot all of us? Probably just the folks who read the thread, maybe.

I never read one word of this thread!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: IMAX for Sale??? - 03/09/06 08:50 PM
He couldn't shoot us. He's a peacenik, remember?
Posted By: Zarak Re: IMAX for Sale??? - 03/09/06 11:02 PM
Does that stop him from hiring someone to shoot us?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: IMAX for Sale??? - 03/09/06 11:11 PM
I don't know much more than what you all have read. Fingers crossed I still have a job when all is said and done.

I suppose this could end up very, very good for me, or very, very bad. (Let's hope for the good.)

Posted By: Ajax Re: IMAX for Sale??? - 03/10/06 12:04 AM

Posted By: RickF Re: IMAX for Sale??? - 03/10/06 12:36 AM
Well spiff by the looks of your avatar, thus far I'd say the news ain't looking too terribly good ... Good Luck!
Posted By: RickF Re: IMAX for Sale??? - 03/10/06 12:39 AM
Wait, strike that last comment. I failed to see your 'He's Back' thread ... so I'll have to say the news is looking pretty darn good so far spiff.
© Axiom Message Boards