Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jimmienorton BIg Movie Night - 03/11/06 10:42 PM
Well netflix showed up with Flight of the Phoenix and the new Harry Potter. I heard FOTF has some killer bass to test out the EP-500 and I like the HP movies so see you in 4 hours.
Posted By: Ajax Re: BIg Movie Night - 03/11/06 11:04 PM
How did you like the plane crash?
Posted By: jimmienorton Re: BIg Movie Night - 03/12/06 01:09 AM
wow
Posted By: Ajax Re: BIg Movie Night - 03/12/06 04:14 AM
Hee Hee! Rattled MY fillings.

I just watched my superbit version of Air Force One. I hadn't seen the movie in a few years, and had never watched the superbit version. Lots of good surround sound and LFE from the DTS track. Hardly an intellectual movie, but a fun action/suspense romp.
Posted By: bridgman Re: BIg Movie Night - 03/12/06 04:21 AM
>>Hardly an intellectual movie

Most intellectual movies have really lame LFE content...
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: BIg Movie Night - 03/12/06 04:56 AM
Maybe they should just throw some explosions in for the heck of it. Russell Crowe could dodge hand grenades while doing math. It won't affect the story much. . .
Posted By: HomeDad Re: BIg Movie Night - 03/12/06 06:10 PM
How was Flight of the Phoenix? I'm going to rent it tonight. I'ts funny, ever since I got my Axioms I'm renting movies just for LFE content.
Posted By: Ajax Re: BIg Movie Night - 03/12/06 06:56 PM
IMHO, Flight of the Phoenix gets a "good." My brother liked it better than the original, while I slightly preferred the original. By my standards, Dennis Quaid falls a little short of Jimmy Stewart. But, the sound track on the new one is MUCH Mo' betta! . Enjoy!
Posted By: jimmienorton Re: BIg Movie Night - 03/12/06 07:10 PM
FOTF gives your sub a workout,movie not great but OK. Harry Potter was ok, I liked the other ones better. I found some new rattles around the house watching FOTF.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: BIg Movie Night - 03/13/06 05:48 PM
I enjoyed it. Great sound with DTS, a good house shaker
Posted By: newkid2005 Re: BIg Movie Night - 03/13/06 07:52 PM
we watched I, robot.....has some nice surround sound effects and tested the axioms well....will look out for FOTP.....
Posted By: royce73 Re: BIg Movie Night - 03/13/06 08:24 PM
I just watched "Walk the Line". Some of the best bass I have heard, despite the fact that it isn't a special effects movie. The bass in the scenes in Folsom County Prison is amazing.
Posted By: jimmienorton Re: BIg Movie Night - 03/13/06 11:40 PM
that was good
© Axiom Message Boards