Axiom Home Page
Basically i am starting to look around for couple of paintings or posters, etc to hang on the walls of my HT room. Particularly the wall that is behind my TV as it looks bare. Feel free to recommend anything you think would improve the look of YOUR HT ROOM (doesn't have to be about my).

Here is a link to my ht room, feel free to recommend ways of improving the look. And yes, i know, i need to find a carpet. I have no idea on the design or color.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/blackorp/Dsc00672.jpg

URL Police!

Blackorp, is that a green belt or forested area outside? With a view like that, it would be a nice room to relax and listen to music in.

Anyway, I would paint the room a light or medium "taupe". It will tie in with the warm tones on the floor & ceiling, as well as the neutral colour of the sofa. That, along with the area rug, will help reduce the "sterile" feeling the room has now. Plus, it won't date itself as fast as some other colours.

As far as the TV wall goes (if funds permit!), I would install a gas fireplace (centered), and mount the TV above. We've had lots of customers do this with great success. Oh, and my wife suggests a plant in the corner!

As a side note, who is that in your avatar?

AllPosters.com

PostersFast.com

MoviePoster.com

Art.com

Carlin Nostalgic Sign Co. (Some interesting, and different, stuff)

MovieMarket.com

MovieGoods.com

You should be able to find something to suit your fancy at the above sites. Since you, and your family, will be the ones looking at whatever you chose the most, I recommend you select what pleases YOU.

Most of the poster sites will also do framing and offer you a number of different frames. But, you might consider checking around to see if you could get less expensive framing done locally, or DIY.
The room looks good, I guess you are still waiting for your Axiom shipment. I'm no designer, but I would put up some cool framed posters then get a rectangular carpet with some of the poster colors incorporated, I think it would give the room more life with a little color.
thanks for the tips. Great links to the posters site. I'll browse around.

"taupe" is a interesting color (better than what i have now). I have always wanted to paint the room some other color than white. However, it would be a huge undertaking as the room is connected to the living room and dining room and to the kitchen, consequently, they all have to be painted the same color.

it is green forest outside (it is someone's backyard).
and i already have a fireplace in the room (it is right corner wall of tv).

I have a couple rooms in the house that I painted one wall a different color than the rest of the room, just to add some punch. Imho the wall behind your Tv would be perfect for something like that.
© Axiom Message Boards