Axiom Home Page
Posted By: HomeDad One more inspiring video. - 03/14/06 05:49 AM
A kid with heart Link

Posted By: Ajax Re: One more inspiring video. - 03/14/06 01:04 PM
Beautifully heartwarming. A GREAT story, and a GREAT kid! I am deeply moved when a real life event like this unfolds as if it were fiction.

Every now and then, things go exactly as they should. The good guy wins; "too good to be true" IS true; the miracle happens. Those all too rare occurrences, those small triumphs, make life wonderful.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: One more inspiring video. - 03/14/06 02:46 PM
Things like this make me scratch my head why people don't believe. Oh well....it truely was a touching story.
Posted By: dllewel Re: One more inspiring video. - 03/14/06 04:45 PM
Fantastic story.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: One more inspiring video. - 03/14/06 05:28 PM
Great story, thanks for the link.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: One more inspiring video. - 03/14/06 06:25 PM
Saw that one on TV. Great "Good News" new story!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: One more inspiring video. - 03/14/06 07:46 PM
The game was played about 6 miles from my house. There's been quite a flurry of J-Mac feel good around here since the game. The local McDonalds had a J-Mac promotion (double cheeseburger with Big Mac sauce) over the weekend and he was there signing autographs. The place was mobbed.

The President flew into Rochester today (I can see the airport from my 19th floor office and watched the plane land this morning) and one of the items on his agenda was to meet J-Mac.

The kid is truly likeable and his coach cracks every time he talks about the game.

While the kid drained six 3-pointers in a row and scored the 20 points in 4 minutes, an interesting side light that isn't mentioned much is that the kid missed another 9 shots during the 4 minute stretch. Pretty much "catch it - shoot it". Also, the other team was actually defending. It was a great time and just warms the cockles of your heart.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: One more inspiring video. - 03/14/06 08:10 PM
Disney movie next?
Posted By: Ray3 Re: One more inspiring video. - 03/14/06 08:25 PM
Actually, Disney and a couple of independents have already been in contact with the family.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: One more inspiring video. - 03/14/06 09:01 PM
I mean...think about how amazing it would be to see that happen to a normal basketball player at the end of a game. I mean, 6 3s in a row...

Very cool. It would have been awesome to experience that.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: One more inspiring video. - 03/14/06 09:28 PM
Holy crap, man. You're tight with all the celebrities, aren't you? Next thing you know you'll be telling us Philip Seymour Hoffman grew up in the area.
Posted By: RickF Re: One more inspiring video. - 03/14/06 11:26 PM
That is the coolest story, truly amazing as well as inspiring. Thanks for the link!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: One more inspiring video. - 03/15/06 04:05 PM
Hoffman isn't as exciting - he can't shoot the 3.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: One more inspiring video. - 03/15/06 05:22 PM
I'm not so sure about that Ray....."Let it rain!"

© Axiom Message Boards