Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jimmienorton jimmienorton mix is done - 03/19/06 04:23 PM
If you want one PM me. The first 10 will get one. Its a little wild and not for some people but give it a try.
Posted By: INANE Re: jimmienorton mix is done - 03/20/06 04:42 AM
Like what?

Posted By: jimmienorton Re: jimmienorton mix is done - 03/23/06 12:26 PM
There going out today
Posted By: jimmienorton Re: jimmienorton mix is done - 03/30/06 09:59 AM
anyone have there cd's yet?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: jimmienorton mix is done - 03/30/06 06:22 PM
If it's the disc that came from La Plata, MD, yep!

I just received it yesterday. Can you type up a track listing. There are some tunes on there I like, but have no idea what they are!

Posted By: sonicfox Re: jimmienorton mix is done - 03/30/06 07:40 PM
Yep...got it today. Thanks!!! I've listened half way, and great mix so far. But I would like a tracklisting as well. I can only guess the first track...Harry Connick Jr. perhaps?
Posted By: jimmienorton Re: jimmienorton mix is done - 03/30/06 11:22 PM
ok I was just going to see if anyone could figure it out, ask me and I will tell you. 1st track is Reverend Horton Heat.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: jimmienorton mix is done - 03/31/06 12:36 AM
Full track listing please.

Posted By: sonicfox Re: jimmienorton mix is done - 03/31/06 03:04 AM
I agree...I got my first guess wrong and I have absolutely no clue as to the rest!
Posted By: jimmienorton Re: jimmienorton mix is done - 03/31/06 09:56 AM
will post later today, I am late for work. Did you like any or some or most of the songs?
Posted By: jimmienorton Re: jimmienorton mix is done - 03/31/06 12:31 PM
OK I did this off the top of my head at work, If you have Nero you should be able to see names and songs.
1.Reverend Horton Heat- its Martini Time
2.Fun Luvin Criminals- Smokeā€™em If You Got Em
3.Cracker- Can I Take My Gun Up To Heaven
4.Beastie Boys- Beastie Boys
5.Primus- ????
6.The Cult- True Believer
7.Pink Floyd- Learning to Fly
8.Cracker- Satisfy You
9.Crystal Method- ????
10.P J Harvey- Ecstasy
11.The Cult- Fire Woman
12.Beastie Boys- Sabotage
13.Digable Planets- ????
14.Daft Punk- ????
15.Crystal Method- ????

Posted By: Zarak Re: jimmienorton mix is done - 04/01/06 01:21 AM
I just got it so am only on track 1 so far. Sounds like it should be a good mix though. Haven't heard Fire Woman in a while, so I'll be happy to hear that one when I get that far.
Posted By: jimmienorton Re: jimmienorton mix is done - 04/01/06 01:27 AM
I just went to see The Cult at the 9:30 Club last Friday.The show rocked!! Ive got a bootleg of the show if anyone is interested.
Posted By: jimmienorton Re: jimmienorton mix is done - 04/08/06 06:45 PM
guess you guy's and gal's didnt like my taste in music.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: jimmienorton mix is done - 04/09/06 04:18 AM
Don't think that! In fact, I checked out some of the stuff on Amazon that I wasn't familiar with, which was most of it. I realized how way off path I was when I thought Reverend Horton Heat was Harry Connick Jr! LOL! The stuff that Reverend sings about is bizarre! It would make great party music though!

I wasn't sure I would like the Beastie Boys stuff because I don't usually like rap. But as it turns out, the songs you included were good. Keep in mind that I've never followed the band, so all I know is stuff from the "Licensed to Ill" album which did just that...made me ill. These songs were *much* better and even more rock oriented.

Since I'm an electronica fan, my favorites of course were the ones by Crystal Method and Daft Punk. I've heard of both bands, but I don't own anything by them. I really liked the Crystal Method songs and I'm going to look into some of their albums. Also, I remember that Daft Punk song being on the radio a lot!
© Axiom Message Boards