Axiom Home Page
Posted By: danmagicman7 Axiom Withdrawal Symptoms: A case study - 03/24/06 08:26 PM
So, I am going home for spring break...without my axioms.

So, all that time, to sit, watch movies, and listen to music, I will be wanting my axioms. Hopefully, I wont go insane by the end of the week.

I was seriously considering trying to bring my M22s, Sub, and reciever home, but...yea. My ride wouldnt like that.

I will keep everyone posted on the symptoms of this *disease*. Hopefully I wont go insane by the end of the week.

I will be listening to my Klipsch 5.1 promedias at home. Hopefully I wont go insane by the end of the week.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Axiom Withdrawal Symptoms: A case study - 03/24/06 08:59 PM
Good luck not going insane! Often, I take for granted how good my system actually is since I'm so used to hearing it every day. I will forget how good it sounds until I'm away for awhile then quickly I realize what I've been missing. Then when I return home, all of a sudden I'll experience the "wow factor" as if I've never heard the system before...and what a nice feeling it is! So at least you might have something to look forward to when you return to your Axioms!
Posted By: BrenR Re: Axiom Withdrawal Symptoms: A case study - 03/24/06 11:07 PM
Been feeling similar lately... through work I've been spending most of my evenings and weekends in front of other sound radiating devices besides my home Axioms (a 70V distributed audio system in one case and 'horn & cone' bar/lounge mains in the other - no brand name dropping ) and I have to admit, it really made me appreciate what I've got at home.

Bren R.
I can prescribe a pill,....uh two pills, right and left Grado headphone drivers.

To replace M22s I would prescribe a set of Grado MS60s or MS80s to keep the cost of an office visit less than a hunert US bucks.

For the M3 types, the Grado/Alessandro MS-1s are the Gateway Drug of choice.

....I'm listening to Alessandro MS-1 as we speak(type?)and am absolutely hooked.

Seriously; I did a fairly exhaustive search to locate the proper cans to simulate the Axiom sound, and the Grados' came up the closest, with the Alessandro variants being the less foreward of the breed.

Unexpectedly, while listening to some well listened to Beatles numbers, I found a number of instruments and other effects that never made themselves apparent before. I noticed it while sitting in the studio with them while recording.

Grados are regarded as "Fun Cans"

I regard them as "Take-out Axioms"

Take two and call me after spring break.
Yea well see, I just bought myself an $800 new toy (self-built laptop). So, I don't know if the funds will suffice.

If I'm ever in the headphone market, I will be sure to check those ones out.
Posted By: BruceH Re: Axiom Withdrawal Symptoms: A case study - 03/26/06 02:33 AM
You know what they say.... Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

Well, if you can have an attachment to inanimate objects.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Axiom Withdrawal Symptoms: A case study - 03/26/06 02:35 AM
I thought abstinence made the heart grow fungus?

Bren R.
Posted By: Spoiler Re: Axiom Withdrawal Symptoms: A case study - 03/26/06 02:51 AM
Both are true...
© Axiom Message Boards