Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirClyde I funally made my move to Texas - 04/07/06 02:40 AM
I finally got here last week and moving really does suck. But I got here in one piece. Tonight there was a hail storm and my 2 kids were freaking out. i never seen hail bigger that the size of a pea. It was about the size of a quarter and some places had hail around #inch Dia. I hope this is not a regular thing.
Now it's time to work on the HT room.
Posted By: bray Re: I funally made my move to Texas - 04/07/06 02:47 AM
Where are you in Texas?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: I funally made my move to Texas - 04/07/06 02:47 AM
Congratulations!

...and buy helmets for your family.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: I funally made my move to Texas - 04/07/06 03:15 AM
That is nothing, up here in Iowaaaaaaa, it is common to see golf ball size hail during tornado season. I've actually had Baseball size in our yard before.
Posted By: JohnK Re: I funally made my move to Texas - 04/07/06 03:18 AM
Clarence, congratulations on the move, but I must tell you that I've been advised that hail isn't considered to be "Texas size" if it's smaller than a softball.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: I funally made my move to Texas - 04/07/06 03:56 AM
I thought the line went, "If'n it's smaller'n I [censored], then t'ain't Texas-sized."
Posted By: HomeDad Re: I funally made my move to Texas - 04/07/06 04:27 AM
Glad you made the trip ok, and good to have you back. The weathers still been strange here in your old county, snowed all day yesderday and was sunny today.
Posted By: SirClyde Re: I funally made my move to Texas - 04/07/06 11:47 AM
Brady - Austin suburb Cedar Park

Rabdy - Choosing between a 5 iron and a bat would not be fun at all. It sounded like there were kids outside throwing rocks at my window. i am sure glad there is no broken glass.

Michael - My wife and oldest kid are still in Bako. Lot's of rain and even some hail since I left but I have never seen hail this size in California.
After the storm had past I felt kinda bad because I should have be paying more attention to my 3 year old he was very scared. Instead I was busy taking pictures that really did not come out that good.
It was my son's birthday and he just finished opening his presents when this happened.

The move went fine the only items I am missing is the top and a shelf for my entertainment center. It is still on the moving truck on it's way to Ney York.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: I funally made my move to Texas - 04/07/06 12:30 PM
Welcome to Texas!
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: I funally made my move to Texas - 04/07/06 03:39 PM
SirClyde,

Welcome to the neighborhood...

I live in Round Rock down the road from you near I-35.

If you need help getting the HT in order, give me a shout...

As to the weather, well, I've seen hail bigger than what we saw last night...but they are few and far between...mostly very vivid lightning storms and thunder to make you think someone is playing with your sub...

Seriously though, if you need some help unpacking or whatever, including directions on how to get somewhere, drop me a PM.

Welcome to Texas.

Regards,

WhatFurrer
Posted By: davidsch Re: I funally made my move to Texas - 04/07/06 06:15 PM
Welcome to Texas! There is so much to see and do in the Austin area. I hope that your family enjoys it.
Posted By: Cure32 Re: I funally made my move to Texas - 08/14/06 03:29 AM
I'm also new to Austin (moved here from California 5 months ago) and I'll be closing on my home in Round Rock in a couple weeks. I currently only have a pair of M3's that I've been using for my computer with a Harman Kardon AVR-235. I plan to add to this and build a home theater and music listening setup in September. I think I'm going to buy M22's and a VP150 in the front, use my M3's in the rear, and possibly buy an EP125 or another brand subwoofer. I welcome any thoughts that anyone might have on this setup.

Thanks,
Mark
Posted By: JohnK Re: I funally made my move to Texas - 08/14/06 04:24 AM
Mark, welcome to Axiom and I suspect that some of our Texans will welcome you as well. Your proposed setup(including the 235)would be fine, but as is my preference, I'll suggest that you also consider a vertical center, such as an M2, for somewhat wider and smoother horizontal dispersion. You might also want a more powerful sub than the EP125, and if your room isn't very big one candidate would be the Outlaw LFM-2.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: I funally made my move to Texas - 08/21/06 04:53 PM
Mark,

I was (before we moved) using M60's and a VP150 using M22's in the rear...It sounded great!

We have moved into our new house and so, the M60's and VP150 have a new set of rears (QS8's) and I have the M22's upstairs being used as mains for the upstairs (mainly son's) setup. I am sure we could move the VP150 upstairs with the M22's and if you want to bring the M3's over, we could set up a quick "approximation" of your room. I only have a sad little subwhimper upstairs but will help to approximate what it may sound like...

Give me a PM and we can try to set up a time if you'd care to try...

Regards,

Steve
(WhatFurrer)
© Axiom Message Boards