Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MrPannus Re-coning merak speakers - 04/23/06 09:09 PM
Hi,

I recently got a hold of a merak surround speaker system off ebay (for $15), but unfortunately two of the speakers (1 front + 1 rear) weren't working. I hoped it might be something as simple as a loose connector, but unfortunately no current reads through via a multimeter, so I think the coils are blown. I know axiom made the drivers for these, but unfortunately I don't know which ones. The speaker models are CP5R + CP5F. Does anyone know where I can find out which drivers were used/where to find them? I'd greatly appreciate any help, as true Axioms are WAY out of my budget at present. Thanks
Posted By: duckman Re: Re-coning merak speakers - 04/24/06 05:24 AM
I would suggest checking partsexpress.com. They've got a pretty wide sellection of drivers. You may want to replace all the drivers with matching ones if you can't locate something exact.Probably not axiom level stuff, but it'll get you by till you can afford some axioms.
Posted By: MrPannus Re: Re-coning merak speakers - 04/25/06 01:43 AM
If possible, I was hoping to use the same axiom drivers that are in the others. I read somewhere that these are also the same that were used in the Michaura M55s, but unfortunately, I can't find which ones those were either. If anyone knows which these are/where to get them, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks
© Axiom Message Boards