Axiom Home Page
Posted By: waterwalker recommended recievers - 05/01/06 10:14 AM
I've noted that you have not had a recommendation for the pioneer VSX-74TXVi reciever, I've been considering the Epic 60- 500 7.1. Should I be looking at something else, in your speakers and recievers?
Posted By: ratpack Re: recommended recievers - 05/01/06 11:18 AM
You probably should mention some of your wants, likes, and requirements in a receiver.
Posted By: n8wrl Re: recommended recievers - 05/01/06 12:06 PM
I think there are a couple of us here running this receiver. I like it a lot - fairly steep learning curve but it is working out just fine. Great sound, plenty of power, etc.

-Brian n8wrl
Posted By: SirQuack Re: recommended recievers - 05/01/06 02:04 PM
Most AVR's will have no problems with the majority of the Axiom line. Some AVR's have issues trying to drive the 4ohm M80's, but you will have no problems with this setup.

Just purchase an AVR that has the features your looking for and you'll be fine. Most AVR's have to many Bells and Whistles these days that you'll never use anyway.
Posted By: epchristi Re: recommended recievers - 05/01/06 07:09 PM
Yeah.. it's hard not to have a price-range, etc. I love my Marantz 7500. It's THX-certified and music sounds better on it than the Denon 3805 that I compared it to at the time.
Posted By: dharris Re: recommended recievers - 05/02/06 12:15 AM
Have a look at NAD Electronics, they are known for music and excel at home theater as well.
© Axiom Message Boards