Axiom Home Page
Posted By: moridin Why, I do believe I've died - 06/12/06 08:23 PM
becuase I seem to now be in heaven.

After months of lurking about, and making the occasional post, I'm now a very, very happy Axiomite!

First, let me thank the magnificent Noreen Solman, who worked her magic from afar to save my speakers from the dire fate of a weekend sweltering in a 100+ degree, 90% relative humidity warehouse. Long story short: DHL is incompetent, but Axiom rocks!

So, my 5.1 theather is now sporting M80s, VP150, EP600, and QS8s in semi-gloss bordeaux cherry and chrome spikes/feet. These are some stunningly beautiful beasts. The wood grain of the veneer is seamless along every edge on the cabinet, and has a beautiful, warm glow. The pictures in the custom studio do absolutely no justice to the real thing. The FMQS stands are also quite nice looking, in addition to being very solidly constructed.

As for how they sound: what can I possibly say that others have far more eloquently stated? I'm finally able to understand dialog in movies; I'm hearing detail in my favorite music that I never knew existed; when Sauron explodes, my couch (make that "my entire house") shakes violently. And the only calibration I've done so far is let my receiver calculate speaker distances, so the sound is only going to get better.

My only complaint is that they play far too loudly without even a hint of strain. My ears are still ringing from my first weekend living with them; I hate to think how deaf I'll be unless I start exercising some restraint.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Why, I do believe I've died - 06/12/06 08:32 PM
Glad you are pleased with the speakers and Axiom's service. We knew you would be I would love to see how those speakers in the custom finish look. It makes me wish I held off a year to place my order- because the custom finishes weren't available and now I really wish I had them.

With Axiom, sound has always been #1- but now the visual is catching up.

Enjoy.
Posted By: RickF Re: Why, I do believe I've died - 06/12/06 08:38 PM
Congrats Moridin, that's a heck of a system you have!

"My only complaint is that they play far too loudly without even a hint of strain. My ears are still ringing from my first weekend living with them; I hate to think how deaf I'll be unless I start exercising some restraint."

The nice side to this minor dilemma is that you see the lips flapping but can't hear a sound whenever the neighbor comes knocking on the door complaining. "Huh?"
Posted By: littleb Re: Why, I do believe I've died - 06/12/06 09:00 PM
UH-OH! You have just started a fresh outbreak of M80 envy in my wittle head.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Why, I do believe I've died - 06/12/06 09:42 PM
Sounds like a great system! Although I own the M60's, I also have a bit of M80 envy going on a bit myself.

Oh...remember to post pictures soon!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Why, I do believe I've died - 06/12/06 09:45 PM
Hey Sonic, like you I have m80itis, always wonder what could have been. Hey, do you have any pics?
Posted By: newkid2005 Re: Why, I do believe I've died - 06/12/06 09:49 PM
just trade up yours 60s !!!!!!
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Why, I do believe I've died - 06/12/06 10:02 PM
Does Axiom have such a trade-up policy? Here's what's weird about my M60's...I bought mine a long time ago when they had dealers (from Mark at The Audio Shop). Well, one of the binding posts doesn't have a hole through it for bare wire. I'm actually surprised that it made it through inspection and was not put in the factory outlet. So, with that slight flaw, maybe I can get a bigger discount?

Randy, I showed pictures a long time ago. However, I'm now ashamed to show you my system after seeing your gorgeous finished theater!
© Axiom Message Boards