Axiom Home Page
I just relocated, and had to take down the theatre. Thank god for saving boxes... big help. The axiom arrived in perfect condition.

In setting up the gear I'm having a little trouble, and I wonder if there is a Yamaha person out there to offer a couple hints or options i can try.

The system has been unplugged for several months. Everything seems to power on correctly, but no video show up. I'm using the component cable for the monitor out. and component cable for DVD in. All that comes from my projector is solid blue as if its waiting for a signal. can't even get the receiver menu to come up from the amp...

I'm hoping it is something really stupud in my receiver setup I'm missing. It's been a long day of unpacking, mounting projectors, running cables, etc... and not to be able to sit back and get ready to enjoy my axioms crank out a great movie was VERY disappointing.

Any quick hints would be appreciated...

I'm brain dead tonight, but can't sleep until i figure this out!!!
This doesn't sound like a receiver problem. My first guess would be that your projector is set to use the composite input not the component input.

Try running a composite cable from receiver to projector and see if your on-screen menu appears. If so, start fiddling with the projector inputs.
Also, if the Yamaha has assignable video inputs, when the Yamaha is set to "DVD," be sure, that you've assigned the component input into which you've plugged your DVD player.
For a guy who said he couldn't sleep until the system was working, things are pretty quiet on this thread
first, sorry for not responding back... like I said I was getting to that bleary eyed, punchiness stage, plus the wife was giving me the "just let it go for now" look.

Short story... I checked, re-checked everything. the projector inputs etc... I eventually re-powered everything one more time and it came up. Not exactly the comforting solution one likes, but it's back up. And, thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. I hate problems without logical solutions, but like computers sometimes you have just accept some problems that don't have configuration problems...

eveything is up, except my axiom sub. this has happened once before. I get the green light indicating a signal, but no sound. I just can't remember what was the fix: a setting, a bad cable... oh well, this is all part of the fun, right? *sigh
again, thanks for the replies, I really would of posted more, just could keep eyes open enough to type and respond!

Glad everything is up and running... well, almost everything. I know every time I play with my brother in law's Denon I leave shaking my head because "it just started working"...
Ya know, I have that same experience with Denons.
HK - "darn, it won't do that but I guess it does all the important stuff..."

Yamaha - "what do you know -- I push this button and... yep, works first time. But it won't drive M80s ;("

Denon - "the manual kinda hints that it might do that and if I push buttons long enough... how did I do that ?"
Sounds about right. Where's my Yamaha?
Bilbo,

First, unplug the coaxial sub cable from the Axiom sub and connect one of your CD or DVD player's analog left or right channel line-level audio outputs (RCA jacks) to the line-level input on the sub. Now play any CD with some bass and turn up the Axiom sub's volume control. If the sub is working properly, you should hear muffled-sounding low-frequency sounds of the deep bass energy.

If you don't hear anything, call the Axiom toll-free number.
If the sub works fine, then check your receiver bass management setup menu and make sure you have the Sub turned "ON" and increase the sub (LFE) channel output on the receiver to a healthy 0-dB level or higher until you get output from the Axio sub. Make sure your re-connect the coaxial sub cable from your receiver to the Axiom's line-level input jack.

Set the receiver bass management crossover to 80 Hz and the sub's crossover control to Bypass or its maximum position to remove it from the circuit.
Alan, as always - thanks for your ideas and help. It turned out to be the cable... the same green sub-cable that caused problems before. It just popped up in one of the many boxes that were packed up and moved to the new location. I can't believe this same cable caused me another long trouble shooting trail. That green cable (apperantly got pinched at one time) is going in the garbage can !!!

Also, thanks for the reminder on the amp setting Alan. It definately made it quick and easy to go into the amp menu and make sure it was setup optimally.

I must say, it's been months since I heard some of my favorite CDs playing out of those M60s. They are REALLY the real thing -- especially good acoustic guitar songs!

Once again, I am floored by Axioms. I've heard a lot of high end, over priced speakers, and the axioms are right up there. Of course, it's all personal taste and oppinion, but they are perfect for my combinatioin of movies and music. This weekend the 4 QS8's go up for 7.1. A favorite setup of mine is 7 channel for music. The QS8's I'll put up against any surrounds. period. ok, I'll step off my soapbox now, and look forward to watching LOTR's (fellowship) this weekend in DTS ex 6.1. Still the best sound track for Rear surround action!

thx again everyone, I'm back in Axiom heaven.

Bilbo, out.
© Axiom Message Boards