Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Zarak Comcast On Demand - 09/03/06 11:00 PM
Now that I have digital cable, I have On Demand options from Comcast. It looks like most movies are not in HD, although there are a couple that are. Men in Black is currently a free HD on demand option. I checked out a couple of minutes of it last night, only to discover that it is NOT in Dolby Digital! Is this normal for On Demand movies? If so, what's the point. I'd much rather go get the DVD and have the better sound quality to go with the big picture.
Posted By: richeydog Re: Comcast On Demand - 09/04/06 02:19 AM
I think you mean it is NOT in DD 5.1. The On Demand movies, as far as I know, only come with DD 2.0. I've had On Demand for nearly a year, and NEVER have seen DD 5.1 with any HD or SD movie.

It really blows! It just isn't the same running pro-logic II or IIx with these movies. HD movies deserve the best sound mix possible, and Commie-Cast isn't pulling through. Maybe they have bandwidth issues???
Posted By: Zarak Re: Comcast On Demand - 09/04/06 02:40 AM
Yes, DD 5.1. Are the Pay per view movies also not in 5.1?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Comcast On Demand - 09/04/06 03:38 AM
Sounds like it's time to switch to DirecTV, not only are most the movies in 5.1 but the many of the network HD channels are also. Last week I saved Star Wars II and Pearl Harbor onto my HDTivo, both played in HD 5.1 and both were from network TV.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Comcast On Demand - 09/04/06 01:04 PM
Network HD channels are 5.1 through Comcast, just not on demand. I don't really feel like I am missing anything since I never had on demand before...I'll just continue to not use it and stick with DVD for movie viewing.
© Axiom Message Boards