Axiom Home Page
Posted By: davemire Surround thoughts, speaker complement - 10/18/06 10:21 PM
Hi Guys,

I am trying to convince the ol' Father in law to get a pair of QS4's. Now this has been a while coming, and I think the old 'cheap' bug has his ear. But just for my own justification, and possibly his, I was wondering what you guys thought.

His system consists of:
Harmon-Kardon AVR510
Wharfedale Zaldek Z600 - Main's and Center
Wharfedale Sub (Don't know the model)
No Rears

The room dimensions are 24'x10'x7.5'

I would assume that they would compliment any system, and I am a hardcore Axiom follower; but I would like some thoughts.

Thanks,
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Surround thoughts, speaker complement - 10/18/06 11:57 PM
That is a pretty good sized room, but I think the Qs4's would be up to the challenge. Or maybe look at the factory outlet and get some 8's cheaper.

Really, I think if he does any movie watching, the Q's will really make things a lot better. I have yet to find a surround speaker that is better. Oh yeah, there good for music as well..
Posted By: davemire Re: Surround thoughts, speaker complement - 10/19/06 11:46 AM
Quote:

That is a pretty good sized room, but I think the Qs4's would be up to the challenge. Or maybe look at the factory outlet and get some 8's cheaper.

Really, I think if he does any movie watching, the Q's will really make things a lot better. I have yet to find a surround speaker that is better. Oh yeah, there good for music as well..

That's positive reinforcement if I ever heard it :P Thanks for the reply! (I will keep on pushing him)
© Axiom Message Boards