Axiom Home Page
Posted By: zxlr8 Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/13/06 04:20 PM
Well I finally got the time to finish the room and take some pictures.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5965/october2006312vp1.jpg

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/13/06 04:24 PM
Very nice HT you have there!
Posted By: Amie Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/13/06 04:30 PM
Your room looks beautiful! Which chairs are those? They look very comfortable!
Posted By: zxlr8 Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/13/06 04:31 PM
Haha..Sirquack..there is a reason your stage and mine look similar. I took your idea and expanded on it a bit. I hope that is ok..I appreciate you posting pictures. I think our carpet maybe the same kind even. I wanted a look a lot like your room but with all of the speakers hidden. I have QS8s in the columns... and M80s etc..
Posted By: zxlr8 Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/13/06 04:34 PM
Quote:

Your room looks beautiful! Which chairs are those? They look very comfortable!

They are Coaster Studios. They are surprisingly large and very comfortable. They have bass shakers installed in each one for the added effect. My son and I sat in one last night while watching the Sunday night NFL game last night.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/13/06 04:57 PM
WOW! Very nicely done. Low key and tasteful. Bravo!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/14/06 03:45 AM
ZX(as Jack has called you), I am legal counsel for Mr. Porter(sirquack)and this is to advise you that the HT design which you appropriated for your own benefit is patented by him and you are in violation. Mr. Porter will accept a pair of M80s in full settlement of this matter so as to avoid future unpleasantries. Please see to this without delay.

Okay, sorry, I must have been overcome by reading of Noel Lee's strong-arm legal tactics at Monster Cable. Very nice work; enjoy.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/14/06 04:18 AM
Now that was a good one John, I had no idea you were a comedian before you opened your practice.
Posted By: richeydog Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/14/06 04:37 AM
Everybody's trying to persuade Randy to grab a pair of M80's...

You really want a pair of these instead. These will blow the M80's out of the water...

Incredible dynamics...Flat frequency response...Amazing highs...

Posted By: richeydog Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/14/06 04:43 AM
Btw, another fantabulous home theater room. Love it!!!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/14/06 06:00 AM
Well Randy, there've been a few occasions where I've felt an obligation to give "legal advice" on the board, for example in this thread on cables .
Posted By: zxlr8 Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/14/06 03:06 PM
Well, thanks for all of the replies, I think...

Actually the time it took to finish the room was about 4 months. It would have been about a month earlier but I was waiting for the Pioneer Elite vsx-84txsi to come in stock. BTW, this receiver is absolutely stunning with the Axiom Epic 80 system. I would need to give each one of you a demo for it to take full effect, but my opinion stands. I am open to anyone who wants to demo my room. You just have to eat some candy from the candy counter.
Posted By: INANE Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/14/06 05:42 PM
Outstanding room. Very very nice.
Posted By: zxlr8 Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/15/06 04:59 PM
I am wondering it will look better to put oak around the touchscreen instead of the current black bezel. What do you all think...
Posted By: KC23 Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/15/06 11:33 PM
One of the nices HT rooms I've ever seen. Well one.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/16/06 04:02 PM
SWWEEETTT!!

As much as I like wood, I’d still say to stick with the black. It looks professional and I think rapping it in oak wouldn’t look right.

What are the room dimensions?
What type of screen did you go with?
Is your projector a 900?
Any junior mints in that candy bin?

Man I’d sure like some of them chairs, but my lil lady wouldn’t go for that. She has proclaimed that I am her pillow and that arrangement works out well. She gets to lounge on me, and I don’t have to reach for my drink.
Posted By: zxlr8 Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/16/06 06:41 PM
Quote:

SWWEEETTT!!

As much as I like wood, I’d still say to stick with the black. It looks professional and I think rapping it in oak wouldn’t look right.

What are the room dimensions?
What type of screen did you go with?
Is your projector a 900?
Any junior mints in that candy bin?

Man I’d sure like some of them chairs, but my lil lady wouldn’t go for that. She has proclaimed that I am her pillow and that arrangement works out well. She gets to lounge on me, and I don’t have to reach for my drink.

The original room was 26x15. I made my owwn custom BOC screen from about $50 worth of materials and i have never wanted to change. It just works great. The projector is a Japanese Panny ThAE700. I am going to be upgrading soon to the Mits HC500 or the Sony Pearl. I NEED 1080P!
I have a couple types of Junior mints. The original, the new inside outs and then now there is also a holiday edition with the taste similar to the inside outs. My personal favorite is still the original.
Posted By: Nachosgrande Re: Final Pics of the Ark Theater.. - 11/16/06 07:24 PM
As Borat would say.... Very nice!!! High Five!!!!
© Axiom Message Boards