Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Bayne Axiom Home Theater Signs Available on eBay - 02/21/07 03:59 AM
I recently bought this sign on eBay and was wondering if anyone else had bought one? I would have preferred the correct spelling for theater, though.

Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Home Theater Signs Available on eBay - 02/21/07 04:04 AM
While recognizing that the word is spelled differently in different countries, if you'll look at the Axiom home page, you'll see the spelling on the sign matches the way that Axiom has chosen to spell it on the home page.
Posted By: Bayne Re: Axiom Home Theater Signs Available on eBay - 02/21/07 04:09 AM
I realize that, and I really shouldn't have said that I wanted the 'correct' spelling. That was rude of me. I should have said that I would have preferred to have it spelled, Theatre.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Home Theater Signs Available on eBay - 02/21/07 04:26 AM
Not rude at all. It's completely understandable that you would feel the 'correct' spelling is the way you are accustomed to seeing it. I hope you didn't think it rude of me to point out that the 'correct' spelling varies.
Quote:

I realize that, and I really shouldn't have said that I wanted the 'correct' spelling. That was rude of me. I should have said that I would have preferred to have it spelled, Theatre.

Your apology is very honourable. However, I didn't find your comment a bit off-colour. So, no worries.

Eh?

(BTW.. the correct spelling is "Theater". I don't know what Dolby was thinking on that other sign of yours...)
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Home Theater Signs Available on eBay - 02/21/07 05:07 AM
I'd buy one off of Axiom's site if they offered them. I COULD resort to eBay, but I'm not going to look at adding this kind of decor until after I start doing the basement remodel, so there's time, Axiom (hint, hint).
That's GOT to be trademark infringement.

I prefer colourful theatres also.
Posted By: shag Re: Axiom Home Theater Signs Available on eBay - 02/22/07 08:04 PM
Well, for the misinformed, it is correct to spell it both ways.

theater
theatre

color
colour

I have a habit of looking up words on dictionary.com a lot. There's always something new to learn here on the Axiom boards, and it isn't always about audio equipment.
Just to let you all know,

I emailed Andrea to see if they had a high res Axiom Logo that I could print off and frame for putting it up in the theatre...they emailed me a pretty big logo!

I would suggest emailing Axiom if you really want to get a logo in your theatre.
Quote:

While recognizing that the word is spelled differently in different countries, if you'll look at the Axiom home page, you'll see the spelling on the sign matches the way that Axiom has chosen to spell it on the home page.

Axiom no doubt sold out to the larger market of the US to make sure that they didn't get confused when looking for home theatre's.
Posted By: Bayne Re: Axiom Home Theater Signs Available on eBay - 02/22/07 09:45 PM
Quote:

Just to let you all know,

I emailed Andrea to see if they had a high res Axiom Logo that I could print off and frame for putting it up in the theatre...they emailed me a pretty big logo!

I would suggest emailing Axiom if you really want to get a logo in your theatre.

Well, in the end I only paid $12.00 for the sign which is quite nice. If Axiom was selling one of their own through their site I certainly would have bought it through them directly.

Funny, but it never accrued to me that this sign might be a copyright infringement. The dealer has almost every brand of sign out there. You'd think someone in some legal department somewhere would have clued in by now?
Absolutely. They are making money off someone else's protected property.
© Axiom Message Boards