Axiom Home Page
Posted By: biosci Can W22s be mounted with full metal bracket? - 03/31/07 04:41 PM
Or do they have to be installed in wall? OR, do you actually recommend that I just go with the bookshelf equivalent and mount those on the brackets? In a 19 foot room (left to right), Do you think it's okay to mount them about 6 feet high towards the corners as long as it's angled towards the listening area? I know corners are a 'no no' but if they're angled down and towards the center, can I get away with that?

Mike
I'm not sure how, as the rear "box" portion of the speaker has to sit within the wall.

Okay thanks. Maybe I'll go with a couple of those for stereo sound in a bedroom (well actually the smaller models). What do you guys think about my questions then of maybe mounting the bookshelf speakers (M22 I think) to the walls in the corners but facing the listening area?
You'll get more bass reinforcement by putting the speakers in the corners -- the question is whether it will be too much. I wouldn't put M3s in the corner but M22s (or any speaker with similar bass response) might be real good. You would have to try them to be sure -- worst case you would just need to move them towards each other a bit and away from the corners..
Okay thanks! I'm going to start a new thread for my build then!!
© Axiom Message Boards