Axiom Home Page
Posted By: upyourkilt vp150 intermittent snap/crackel/pop? - 04/02/07 03:49 AM
Quick question, recently my vp150 will intermittently make a popping/clicking noise while watching t.v. This happens while watching various types of programming, and even after Tivo has been paused then restarted. The polarity is correct, and the speaker is only three months old. Any suggestions or ideas appreciated.
Kilty
Posted By: Ken.C Re: vp150 intermittent snap/crackel/pop? - 04/02/07 03:56 AM
Sounds more like a problem in the processing, amplifying, etc than in the speaker itself. Does it only happen with the TiVo?
Posted By: JohnK Re: vp150 intermittent snap/crackel/pop? - 04/02/07 04:02 AM
Craig, temporarily connect one of your other speakers to the center channel output to see if it's a speaker problem.
Posted By: upyourkilt Re: vp150 intermittent snap/crackel/pop? - 04/02/07 04:17 AM
Quote:

Sounds more like a problem in the processing, amplifying, etc than in the speaker itself. Does it only happen with the TiVo? [/quote

Now that you mention it, it does seem to occur more frequently when I pause live tv, then the pop occurs once I hit play again. I also like your idea John, I am going to switch out my center with my old Polk, and see if it occurs again with that speaker
Posted By: Mojo Re: vp150 intermittent snap/crackel/pop? - 04/03/07 12:12 AM
I thought my speakers were clicking and popping and then I realized it was the recessed light cans that were contracting as they cooled.
Posted By: upyourkilt Re: vp150 intermittent snap/crackel/pop? - 04/16/07 07:02 AM
Quote:

Craig, temporarily connect one of your other speakers to the center channel output to see if it's a speaker problem.

John, I actually never got a chance to swap out my centers/centres, but my DIRECTIVO took a dump. Directv replaced it, and all seems well-nice luck eh?

© Axiom Message Boards