Axiom Home Page
Posted By: DanielBMe Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/13/07 12:49 PM
I'm all giddy like a little schoolgirl...not that I would know what that feels like...

I don't think Purolator ships on Weekends so it will probably be Monday when I receive my speakers. Luckily I booked Monday off as a vacation day. I guess I'll have to borrow a friends camera to take some pics.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/13/07 02:27 PM
You'll be watching for the truck. Windex and paper towels help with the nose prints on the front windows.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/13/07 03:35 PM
And if they have online tracking, you'll wear out the mouse button clicking 'refresh'

Always an exciting time. Congrats.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/13/07 03:49 PM
Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesome!
Posted By: DanielBMe Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/13/07 04:45 PM
Quote:

And if they have online tracking, you'll wear out the mouse button clicking 'refresh'

Always an exciting time. Congrats.

LOL been doing that steadily today. According to the site my shipment is out for delivery. Luckily I have a neighour who can accept the order for me since I'm at work.

Noreen told me the order was shipped yesterday and by the time I get home today, my speakers should be welcoming me home with open woofers.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/13/07 05:49 PM
Did you leave a note on the door so that the delivery driver knows to leave it there? I'm guessing you have it arranged, but just want to be sure.
Posted By: DanielBMe Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/13/07 07:13 PM
Yup, all set. Small wrinkle. The Purolator guy called to say that it appears that the package was put on the wrong truck. I'm in Thornhill and the package was put on the Richmond Hill truck. I had to call the depot and have the manager tell him to deliver it after 5pm to my place anyhow since Richmond Hill sits right on top of Thornhill...said it wouldn't be a prob.
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/13/07 09:18 PM
I believe the word is "daaaaaawesome!" The Office. Nailed it.
Posted By: DanielBMe Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/13/07 10:29 PM
Got my speakers! Okay I need some help. How do the rubber feet go on? I know sounds stupid but do I put the screws right through the bottoms of the rubber feet? If so which side of the rubber feet go on the ground? The wide side or the narrow side?

I unpacked my vp150 while it looks beautiful I have to say I think I have a problem. I'm a little dissappointed with the quality of the work with the woofers. It appears to me that the holes that the woofers go into are a little too large and therefore I can see the cut of the wood past the edge of the woofer. Sitting from 6ft away I can see it. I'm not very happy with that. I'll have to see if I can take a pic and you guys can tell me if I am expecting too much.

Other than that WOW the high gloss cherry looks AWSOME. I am still unpacking my speakers. I'll post more in a sec.
Posted By: DanielBMe Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/13/07 11:01 PM
WOW the M60's look SEXY...I think they brought Sexy back...

Quality is great on the M60's. So far it's only the vp150. It kinda looks like they didn't file down the edges on the holes on the 150. I took a pic. I'll post it in about an hour. Now to unpack my QS4's.

Am I making anyone jealous? lol Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Posted By: DanielBMe Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/13/07 11:38 PM
Okay I figured out the feet! Doh!

Wow the QS4's are heavy. I hope they stay in my drywall. Not much else to hold them up.

Gee I kinda feel like I should have gotten the 350 sub in HG Cherry too. My HSU kinda looks, well...innocuos. Not as nice as the rest of my NEW speakers heheheheh..

I'm starved but don't want to leave me living room. Just can't stop staring. I haven't even connected the wires yet. Not sure if I'll be able to tonight.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/14/07 02:36 AM
Quote:

I'm starved but don't want to leave me living room. Just can't stop staring.

The Axiom Diet
Posted By: DanielBMe Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/14/07 03:23 AM
Well it's almost 11:30pm and I have the mains, centre, and sub hooked up. I'll have to leave the surrounds till Sunday as I have to look for something that will hold them in the drywall. The radio shack spl meter will have to wait until Monday. Just listened to some music briefly but can't crank anything up at this hour. Sounds nice so far...real nice

PS I ordered a pizza.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/14/07 03:27 AM
Quote:

PS I ordered a pizza.

Also part of the Axiom diet

Glad you got to hear them tonight. There will be lots of setup and tweaking ahead I'm sure. Have fun with it and enjoy.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/14/07 01:19 PM
LOL! Oh, two good ones Dave!
Posted By: DanielBMe Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/14/07 01:38 PM
Just having breakfast looking at my speakers and enjoying the NSS (that's New Speaker Smell)

I noticed last night that my speakers say "Custom Built For Daniel B...". Does everyone who ordered the HG Cherry get that or is it only because I mentioned to Noreen that they were my 40th birthday present to myself. If she did it just for my bday I'll have to thank her.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/14/07 03:19 PM
Axiom wanted to let you know just how special you really are for ordering from the custom shop . Happy b-day BTW. When are you planning on posting some pictures?
Posted By: DanielBMe Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/16/07 01:02 PM
Here's a pic of the problem with the 150 I was talking about. YOu can see the white edges not filed down. It kinda looks like the speaker is not properly set in the hole. Big differencw when I look at the M60's which look perfect. I did go over the white with a mahagony stain pen. You can't see the white but I'm not sure if I should keep the speaker.

Posted By: jakewash Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/16/07 03:46 PM
Call Axiom, sounds to me like they should be shipping out a new driver, this way you would still get to keep listening till it arrives and wouldn't have to wait as long for an entire speaker to ship out.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/16/07 07:29 PM
I agree with Jake. Send this one back.
Posted By: DanielBMe Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/18/07 05:11 PM
Well I fired off an email to Noreen. She promptly sent me an email saying that they are shipping me a new one and that they are supplying a tag to ship the old one back. Now that is customer service! No hassles, just doing the right thing. I though maybe she woud just over me a discount or something along that line. I'm really impressed!

I have to say I'm having a hard time finding the sweet spot for my speakers. As soon as I play something then go move the speakers and sit back down in my chair...I kinda forget what the previous position sounded like...boy this is going to take me awhile. Unless the sweet spot just jumps out at me and says "Hello".
Posted By: Mojo Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/18/07 08:35 PM
Try making an equilateral triangle between you and your speakers. Toe your speakers in so that the tweeters are firing somewhere between a foot behind the back of your head to a foot in front of your nose. You'll have to experiment with this. Here is what my set-up looks like. I spent more than 60 hours tweaking my M80s.
Posted By: DanielBMe Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/18/07 10:09 PM
Quote:

Try making an equilateral triangle between you and your speakers. Toe your speakers in so that the tweeters are firing somewhere between a foot behind the back of your head to a foot in front of your nose. You'll have to experiment with this. Here is what my set-up looks like. I spent more than 60 hours tweaking my M80s.

Okay will give that a try.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/18/07 11:15 PM
Let us know how this works out.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Whoohooo my order has been shipped! - 04/19/07 12:41 AM
Quote:

I spent more than 60 hours tweaking my M80s.

I hope you took a bathroom break.

© Axiom Message Boards