Axiom Home Page
Posted By: a401classic I'm now "Wall of Fame"-ous! - 04/28/07 12:31 AM
I finally got around to sending Amie some pics. They can be seen HERE . Not done with the room. Still have to add a coffee table and some movie posters - are there any that double as sound traps? Anyway, "The Man Room" is my wife's name for it, mostly because of the speakers. I don't care what she calls it, I got my M80's without too much grief and I'm happy as can be with how the system sounds. I was pushing for something closer to Mojo's Dojo, but she really wanted the entertainment unit. It was a compromise. So now I have a sound stage that is so seamless that in stereo I often get up to see if the center channel is on. The imaging is amazing. If you watch the Eagles HFO DVD and close your eyes, you can position each voice and or instrument as it sits on the stage. Just amazing!

Scott

Scott
Posted By: chesseroo Re: I'm now "Wall of Fame"-ous! - 04/28/07 12:42 AM
Yes once that setup gets calibrated and positioned correctly, it is a sweet sweet thing to enjoy.
Speaking of which, i think i've had enough of forum surfing. Time to go enjoy that system now.
Posted By: JohnK Re: I'm now "Wall of Fame"-ous! - 04/28/07 02:00 AM
Looking good, Scott.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: I'm now "Wall of Fame"-ous! - 04/28/07 04:14 AM
A friend bought us one of those popcorn machines, Now, Is it just me or does it make horrible popcorn? The microwave stuff was worlds better than what came out of that thing the first time we tried it!
Posted By: a401classic Re: I'm now "Wall of Fame"-ous! - 04/28/07 07:25 AM
Quote:

A friend bought us one of those popcorn machines, Now, Is it just me or does it make horrible popcorn? The microwave stuff was worlds better than what came out of that thing the first time we tried it!

I have found that the popcorn is much better if you use more oil. The first time we used it and followed the "lite" directions only half the kernels popped and about a third burnt. I'm up to 3 x that oil amount now and it's much better, certainly equal to stovetop, but I agree, microwave is better. Of course that stuff has come a long way over the years.

Scott
Posted By: Mojo Re: I'm now "Wall of Fame"-ous! - 04/28/07 10:29 AM
That's a very nice room. Congratulations! Have you tried moving the M80s further out into the room? You may find that your soundstage becomes deeper and more three dimensional.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: I'm now "Wall of Fame"-ous! - 04/28/07 12:46 PM
Looks awesome Scott. In regards to posters, you could put them on the front panels for the corner bass-traps as the low freq's would pass, however, they would not work well for first reflection wall panels as the higher freq's would be reflected, you don't want that.
Posted By: Jordan Re: I'm now "Wall of Fame"-ous! - 04/28/07 02:05 PM
Fantastic looking set-up!
Posted By: Ready_Acoustics Re: I'm now "Wall of Fame"-ous! - 04/28/07 05:05 PM
Coconut Oil!

YUM!
© Axiom Message Boards