Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Highland121 First HT... - 11/19/02 04:39 PM
I was hoping to recieve some input about my new HT!
Room: 18'x10'7"x8'Tile floors, with an actual cabinet at the viewing end, about 22" up and 2' from the wall, and a place cut out for the 50"
TV: Toshiba 50hdx82 (already in the room)
DVD: Toshiba SD-4800 (already in the room}
Now for what I am about to buy...
A/V reciever: Yamaha RX-V1300 $575
Speakers: Axiom Epic Grand Master system, with a M3ti for the rear surround. $1510+M3ti and cables...I have already bought 12AWG speaker wire from Home Depot, because I am running out of the money that my loving wife of 21 years will allow me to spend on this project, in fact I am about $2000 over what I had speculated the cost might be. In the beginning I thought I would just buy a really swell HTIB...As you can see we have moved beyond that...
Thank You for your thoughtfull input.
75-80% home theater...Comments...Concerns
Posted By: JohnK Re: First HT... - 11/20/02 03:17 AM
Good choice and good price for the receiver. On the speakers, I certainly think that you'd be happy with the Epic Grand Master, but I have some suggestions that I think would give you even a bit better sound at a slightly lower price. Get a pair of M22s and a pair of M2s from factory outlet if the colors are right(my M22s are cherry; quite attractive). Use one M2 for the center channel and the other for the rear surround. I'm not enthusiastic about horizontally arrayed center channel speakers(you might do a search on the board for "M2 center" for more details). There are a couple of favorable posts on the M2 center(10/9 Advice board "M2i for Center Channel"; 10/29 Home Theater board "Lack of Definition..."). Then get the QS8s and EP175. Also note that in the November Axiom Newsletter, if you haven't read it yet, that $50 off is available for the next month.
Posted By: Highland121 Re: First HT... - 11/20/02 02:33 PM
Thank You for the info. I am reading about the M2t as center now. And to think I was wondering if the VP150 wasn't a better idea...Saving money=better cables and more DVDs
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: First HT... - 11/21/02 04:39 PM
I basically have the same rptv, dvd, and receiver you have with exception being the model of Axioms you have chosen. I am thoroughly pleased with the sound I get from the Yamaha/Axiom setup.
Posted By: Highland121 Re: First HT... - 11/21/02 10:12 PM
Thank you. I have run across another question...Will the RX-V1300 perform component upconversion of s-video signals? And is a 60MHz componet switch "big" enough to run all video signals through the reciever?? A little off the orignal topic, but the more I read the more questions I generate. At some point I am just going to have to buy something. Thanks.

Posted By: jbzngowest Re: First HT... - 11/22/02 02:19 PM
I don't know about the upconversion. I do know that the 60 mhz handles the video without any degradation of signal. How far away will you be from the tv?
© Axiom Message Boards