Axiom Home Page
Posted By: EricC99 Epic 60 vs. NEW Paradigm monitor? - 05/13/07 10:13 PM
I noticed that the Paradigm website has recently been remodeled. Have they upgraded their monitor line, or is it the same as last years? I'm a little unsure what version they are on now. If they have a new version out, I wonder how their monitor HT setup compares with an Epic 60.

I'm in the market to buy a new HT in about 4 months. My first choice is the Epic 60 500 7.1. However if the Monitor line is improved I should also consider paradigm as the price is about the same.

In adition to new HT speakers, I'll by doing a 1080p front PJ. The new Epson home cinema 1080 looks like a good, afordable choice. I'd imagine when I'm ready to buy, there will be even more afordable options out there for 1080 PJs. Oh, do you all think in 4 to 6 months, there will be many AVR choices with HDMI 1.3 and the new high def audio decoding? thank you all!

-Eric from texas
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Epic 60 vs. NEW Paradigm monitor? - 05/14/07 02:59 AM
Eric,

Others may offer feedback. All I can offer is that Axioms historically have been of higher quality/performance than the Paradigm "Monitor" lineup. A closer comparison would be the "Studio" or higher models.

You may want to check the "Audition" threads to see if there is anyone in your area, so you can listen to Axioms. Back when I was auditioning for new speakers the Axioms were much better than Paradigm Monitors, and about the same as the B&W 703's I was looking to purchase...
© Axiom Message Boards