Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ya_basta Question regarding amplifier (RPA-1) setup - 10/01/07 04:45 PM
I just hooked up my RPA-1 to my Denon receiver. The volume dial levels on my receiver is way different prior to hooking the amp up. Example-before I had the amp hooked up, the maximum volume level I would go to on my Denon receiver was -10. Now with the amplifier hooked up, I can easily surpass that without approaching high levels like I did at -10. Is this a normal occurrence when you add in amplifier?

Thanks
Posted By: Mojo Re: Question regarding amplifier (RPA-1) setup - 10/01/07 06:15 PM
Yes. Your Denon isn't doing all the work now. The amplifier carries the majority of the load.
Thanks Mojo. I got off the phone not too long ago with Emotiva and they said everything is working fine. There is some tweaking I can do with my Denon(I believe they said increasing the trim). Could be wrong though.

Have a good one
Posted By: JohnK Re: Question regarding amplifier (RPA-1) setup - 10/02/07 02:25 AM
Wheelz, if I followed what you described, you use a higher setting on the master volume control on your Denon to get a similarly high sound level with the RPA-1 than with the Denon alone. If so, this isn't especially unusual and means only that the RPA-1 amplifier has lower gain than the internal Denon amplifier and therefore needs higher voltage output from the Denon pre-amplifier, which you get with a higher volume control setting. This isn't a problem as long as you can set the Denon volume control high enough to get the sound level you require, so relax and enjoy.
© Axiom Message Boards